Flam Railway Norwegian Fjords

sally4909

On 3/22/2024 at 3:47 PM, Dolby1000 said:

One reason we booked the train through the ship is that, especially during the summer months (which is when we are going, July 2025) is that the train can sell out and I am not going to Norway one time and risk missing this thing. I am a train buff and this is a major bucket list item for me.

You can book the train online months beforehand and eliminate the worry about it selling out.  You can see the Flam train station from where the boat docks (about 2 blocks away).  The little station building was jammed with loads of people trying to buy tickets on the day of (which is a lost cause) but they could have easily bought them on the website (norwaysbest.com) in advance.  The experience is exactly the same no matter how you got your ticket except for the waffle and $131 is way too much to pay for a waffle.  Plenty of waffles on the ship for free.

We've booked tickets independently for our May trip. We would've paid to go through Celebrity but it was sold out simply because the only time left was 1:30, and our ship departs at 4. When I was originally looking at the Celebrity Excursion (which had 1 seat and we need 2) they offered a 1:30 departure (all they had left) also so I thought it'd be a safe bet. I'm starting to worry we won't make it back there in time doing the round trip on the train with no stops. That would've been a very nice feature of paying the extra money to think Celebrity would at least know our whereabouts and perhaps wait for us. We decided to do this cruise pretty last minute so finding things to do has been an adventure to say the least.