Scooter on the Mardi Gras

Hello, my husband has a spinal cord injury and has to have a scooter. Can anyone with experience tell me if the Mardi Gras is easy to navigate with a scooter and does it have sufficient restrooms for a scooter to navigate?

2 hours ago, Royals Carol said:

Hello, my husband has a spinal cord injury and has to have a scooter. Can anyone with experience tell me if the Mardi Gras is easy to navigate with a scooter and does it have sufficient restrooms for a scooter to navigate?

The scooter must meet the with guidelines, along with having to be able to be collapsable The scooter can not stay outside the cabin empty.  Anything over 21 inches must have a accesable cabin.  

As for your question, the hallways with rooms are kind of small but a scooter can get though them, and there are at least 1 accesable Bathroom on each public level, aka 5, 6, 7 Lido at least.  Good luck

• Like 1

If you are in a balcony cabin it will be tight depending on the location of the sofa. I think if the sofa is near the door you will not have much room to walk. This was our experience in a balcony room on the Celebration.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Royals Carol said:

https://www.carnival.com/~/media/Images/Ships/MD/DeckPlans/mardi-gras-accessible-cruising-deck-plan-pdf.pdf

This link should take you a pdf on handicap stateroom and facilities for the Mardi Gras. Hope it is helpful.  

Carnival has a FAQ section specifically for customers with disabitiles on their website.

Posted (edited)
14 hours ago, jedi bobs said:

The scooter must meet the with guidelines, along with having to be able to be collapsable The scooter can not stay outside the cabin empty.  Anything over 21 inches must have a accesable cabin.  

As for your question, the hallways with rooms are kind of small but a scooter can get though them, and there are at least 1 accesable Bathroom on each public level, aka 5, 6, 7 Lido at least.  Good luck

Yes, absolutely must meet guidelines. I brought my scooter (GoGo Elite Traveler 3-wheeled scooter) on the Venezia in October. It was the 7th or 8th time I took it on a Carnival cruise, but can’t comment on Mardi Gras. I drive it in and out of the doorway of a standard balcony cabin, park it in front of sofa and we have no issues walking between the parked scooter and the desk. I use my cane to get around in the cabin, so I don’t need an accessible cabin yet. My scooter doesn’t fold or collapse, but if ever I had to fit it someplace, it comes apart in 5 pieces. My scooter size fits Carnival’s scooter requirements for fitting through the doorway so it doesn’t need to fold or collapse.

Edited by fair-winds39
Added text

As far as the restrooms on the Mardi Gras, while I truly love the ship, it's probably the worst I've been on in over 60 cruises when it comes to restrooms. There are simply not enough for the number of passengers.