Seashore Review, March, 2024

Terre

2 hours ago, cruisegeek1974 said:

Thanks for the great review, we are going on our first MSC cruise on the Seashore at the end of the year (same itinerary).

We will likely be driving to the cruise port and I am curious as to why you didn't park at the cruise  port and instead used the shuttle service?  Was it because of price?  Easier process?  From a bit of research I have done so far the terminal parking seems to be pretty good and headache free.

Thanks.

It was cheaper.  This place was so organized, loaded and unloaded our car for us, but basically it was cheaper.  Research it and pick what works best for you.  I can't remember the price but my husband chose it after reading about it and some others.  This shuttle took right to the door for MSC's terminal on embarkation day, and was right around the corner when we came out on debarkation day.  It is very convenient. 

• 3 months later...

This was a good review, but I have to say moving you to Aurea dining room as a "fix" when people complain is 100% unfair to people who paid for that experience. Nery is an excellent server & most people in his section ask for him...but they also paid for Aurea. Guess I'll pitch a fit next time & see if they don't bump me to Yacht Club. 

2 hours ago, Cgoodthings said:

This was a good review, but I have to say moving you to Aurea dining room as a "fix" when people complain is 100% unfair to people who paid for that experience. Nery is an excellent server & most people in his section ask for him...but they also paid for Aurea. Guess I'll pitch a fit next time & see if they don't bump me to Yacht Club. 

First, thank you for the compliment on my review.  Second, we didn't "pitch a fit", we explained to the Maitre d' how long we had waited on those two nights and how the food was.  I very calmly and nicely asked to be moved and the Maitre d' could have moved us to the other dining room for our experience and I would have been happy.  I would have been happy in the same DR with a different, more experienced waiter.  I had no idea where he was moving us, but it was a good experience for us and good "business" on his part.  This was one of the reasons we decided to book the Yacht Club for our anniversary cruise next March.

I do understand what you are saying, as I remember being at Platinum status on Carnival years ago when Carnival decided to sell Faster to the Fun, which let people who wanted to, pay more and board before everyone else, regardless of your loyalty status.  I felt it wasn't  fair to those of us who got to Platinum and above by paying for all those cruises that got us to that status.  I do understand how you feel.  

Just curious if you choose that cabin number or deck and, if so, why?   Looking at cabins on deck 14 currently for a trip and wondering if I should look on 12.

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, aprilF said:

Just curious if you choose that cabin number or deck and, if so, why?   Looking at cabins on deck 14 currently for a trip and wondering if I should look on 12.

We chose that cabin because it was very close to the elevator and midship.  We were close to everything we use on the back half of the ship.  Get starboard side to watch the light show from your balcony.  Deck 14 is fine.  Be sure there are cabins above you and below you.  We have been above a lounge and couldn't sleep for the music, and have been under the pool deck so we heard chairs being moved and dragged most of the night.

Edited by Terre

1 minute ago, Terre said:

We chose that cabin because it was very close to the elevator and midship.  We were close to everything we use on the back half of the ship.  Get starboard side to watch the light show from your balcony.  Deck 14 is fine.  Be sure there are cabins above you and below you.  We have been above a lounge and couldn't sleep for the music, and have been under the pool deck so we heard chairs being moved and dragged most of the night.

Thank you.  We arent exactly cruise novices but I dont believe we've ever stayed up so high...somehow we usually end up on smaller ships.  LOL  I'm in my beginning research stages and your review was helpful, thanks so much!

54 minutes ago, aprilF said:

Thank you.  We arent exactly cruise novices but I dont believe we've ever stayed up so high...somehow we usually end up on smaller ships.  LOL  I'm in my beginning research stages and your review was helpful, thanks so much!

Oh, I'm so glad it was helpful.  Ask anything, I'll be glad to help if I can!

• Like 1

On 7/7/2024 at 4:01 PM, Cgoodthings said:

I actually think this might be MSCs only available solution. I don't think they can fix the service in the main MDR. I talked to another cruiser on my cruise who paid for fantastica and still didn't get their preffered dining time, and the only solution was to move the party to the aurea dining room. This person didn't request it either, and didn't even know what the aurea experience was. I agree, not fair to people who paid for it, but it seems like their only option.

• Like 1