Not first time cruiser but first time booking pre-cruise hotel

We have been to Boston several times and have seen all of the wonderful Boston history and sights.  We are traveling all day (due to more than one flight) from the West Coast to Boston the day before our cruise.  Our flight arrives just before midnight the day before the cruise.  What can we expect by booking a Holland America pre-cruise hotel?  Will someone from Holland America pick us up from the airport and transfer us to our pre-cruise hotel?  What approximate time will we be typically expected to depart the hotel for the cruise terminal?

Why not book an hotel next to the cruise terminal, take a taxi from the airport to your hotel and walk to the cruise ship on embarkation day?

I would first of all check the price for the HAL hotel booking, it is usually priced per person instead of per room. See if it is worth the price difference and then check the hotel for their checkout times.

HAL seems to have dropped staggered boarding times (read on CC here not yet  verified myself)  and allow it after 12:00.

On 3/25/2024 at 1:03 AM, cruiseaholic78 said:

Why not book an hotel next to the cruise terminal, take a taxi from the airport to your hotel and walk to the cruise ship on embarkation day?

I would first of all check the price for the HAL hotel booking, it is usually priced per person instead of per room. See if it is worth the price difference and then check the hotel for their checkout times.

HAL seems to have dropped staggered boarding times (read on CC here not yet  verified myself)  and allow it after 12:00.

Thank you for your reply.  Normally we are independent travelers.  However, since our flight arrives in Boston at midnight before the cruise after two flights plus layovers equaling a total of 16 hours and since one of us will be 8 weeks out from orthopedic surgery we felt it best to just take the package this time.  Our hotel, luggage, and transportation will be handled so that we can relax and enjoy our vacation.