Getaway Entertainment?

Contemplating a cruise later in the year on the Getaway out of New Orleans. Can anyone who's been on the ship fairly recently let us know what entertainment (shows, comedians, other acts, etc) is currently available?

Asking because we just completed a cruise on the Prima and found that the entertainment seems to have been scaled way back. Wondering if that's true fleet wide, and particularly on the Getaway.

Thanks!

Too soon to know exactly what would be available on your cruise. 

By then some of the new shows being worked on in Tampa may be ready to go on board the ships.  Have not seen anything yet with dates or exactly what is being planned.  Last time I heard anything, it sounded like they were going back to in-house production shows like when Jean Ann Ryan productions were on board.  

2 minutes ago, VideoTech said:

Contemplating a cruise later in the year on the Getaway out of New Orleans. Can anyone who's been on the ship fairly recently let us know what entertainment (shows, comedians, other acts, etc) is currently available?

Asking because we just completed a cruise on the Prima and found that the entertainment seems to have been scaled way back. Wondering if that's true fleet wide, and particularly on the Getaway.

Thanks!

I'll let you know after my sailing in 25 days!

Right now there are 2 production shows, Million Dollar Quartet and Burn the Floor.

It's been said on here and on that other site that Burn the Floor is ending it's run on 3/31.

We're disappointed, if this is true (and I believe it is).

There are always 2 comedians that play throughout the week (or longer) in Headliners and in the main theater.

I think I read that there was a magician?

There's a club, Syd Norman's, that has different rock shows throughout the week.

And there are various musical acts that play at different venues.

I saved the best for last! WHEEL OF FORTUNE!!!!!

I think most everyone will be disappointed with that, but I'm sure my wife will check it out.

We've always been pleased with the entertainment onboard the various ships we've sailed, but there's definitely been some cutting back of the main shows.

We plan on fully enjoying our cruise and hope you do too.

• Like 1