Alaska fares 2024 vs 2025

As I have previously mentioned my displeasure with Cunard for moving the QE Alaska cruises to Seattle as of next year, I will only add there is a considerable fare difference between this year's cruises from Vancouver and next year's.  I made a comparison between two 10-day cruises from similar dates and ports of call and I compared what I will call the full fares not the discounted fares.

I compared Britannia Balcony and Queens Grill fares (in Canadian $) and was surprised that QG next year was about 30% higher. Britannia Balcony for one cruise was 60% higher.  This is just one more reason why we are seriously thinking of postponing our QM2 booked for the autumn and taking yet another Alaska cruise.

• Like 1

We have booked for June 25 out of seattle in a britannia balcony, similar dates for this year are only about £300 difference and for early booking I got $600 obc for 2025. Well happy. 😀

• 4 weeks later...
Posted (edited)

We have booked an Alaska cruise from Vancouver. Had we been able to book earlier we would have paid approximately (Canadian) $12,500 for a Penthouse with the usual Grills perks.  The almost identical cruise from Seattle next year costs  $17,410 with the same perks.

Because we are within the final payment period we could not book at what I call the full fare, so booked  the Americas Sale.  Although there are no perks with this, the savings was about $3,000 which is a good deal.  The Americas Sale rates for the Seattle equivalent was 35% more.

Edited by david,Mississauga
Clarification

Do keep in mind that if bookings for ‘25 out of Seattle don’t materialize the way Cunard is hoping at current price levels, fares will inevitably drop. 

I recall reading on another thread of posters enjoying nice fare reductions for QE’s Alaska season this year after booking earlier at higher rates. 

18 minutes ago, BEAV said:

recall reading on another thread of posters enjoying nice fare reductions for QE’s Alaska season this year after booking earlier at higher rates. 

That is confirmed from my experience. And the recent “Americas Sale” offered even lower rates for Alaska. But who knows for next year? Seattle may prove more popular than Vancouver. 

I've booked for 2025 knowing that fares will probably drop next year. I think there is so much supply on the Alaska route that prices are being driven down. Having said that, I'm happy with what I've paid and I wanted two balconies next to each other, one a three berth so I knew that I needed to get in early to secure my requirements. If I end up paying more to do that, so be it. Flexibility is often rewarded!

• Like 3