UDP reservation update???

I read that soon we would be able to reserve dining with the UDP.  Has anyone heard any updates on this including when it will be rolled out?    Have it on Navigator on May 10th cruise so hoping we can do before then.

Posted (edited)

No. they haven't rolled it out. And unfortunately, everyone will probably complain when they do. Because people will then want to change them after they have already reserved. And just an FYI, obtaining reservations for UDP dining on Navigator is not pleasant. You are in a line, the woman in front of you is yelling at the reservation person. 

My best suggestion would be....type out a list of the restaurants, dates and times that you would like to request. (in advance of the sailing). Then you can just hand it to them, and they will do their best to accommodate you. Then you won't be one of THOSE people, going on about how that "won't work, and B can't come, and It has to be on this night and blah, blah, blah." 🙄 And holding everyone else up in the line, while we would like to get back to vacationing. 

All your reservations will then show up in the app onboard. ☺️ And plan on putting Playmakers and Johnny Rockets Express somewhere in your dining plans, so you don't even need to worry about reservations. 

Edited by Coralc
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, Coralc said:

No. they haven't rolled it out. And unfortunately, everyone will probably complain when they do. Because people will then want to change them after they have already reserved. And just an FYI, obtaining reservations for UDP dining on Navigator is not pleasant. You are in a line, the woman in front of you is yelling at the reservation person. 

My best suggestion would be....type out a list of the restaurants, dates and times that you would like to request. (in advance of the sailing). Then you can just hand it to them, and they will do their best to accommodate you. Then you won't be one of THOSE people, going on about how that "won't work, and B can't come, and It has to be on this night and blah, blah, blah." 🙄 And holding everyone else up in the line, while we would like to get back to vacationing. 

All your reservations will then show up in the app onboard. ☺️ And plan on putting Playmakers and Johnny Rockets Express somewhere in your dining plans, so you don't even need to worry about reservations. 

Yes, I always type up a list with first and second choices and a time "range" that works.   I was just looking forward to doing in advance, but your suggestions are exactly how I have done the other times I have gotten the dining plan.  I only get when it's a really great deal.   Otherwise I just do some lunches and use my BOGO for 2 dinners.   Since I'm a solo it makes it a little easier because I am pretty flexible.  

• Like 2

On 3/26/2024 at 4:37 AM, not-enough-cruising said:

Lately I have not seen enough cost savings in the UDP to even fool with it.  I book and pay for individual reservations in the CP, and then relax and don't worry about it.

It was 40% off!!!    235 on Navigator 7 day.  

• Like 3