Civitavecchia to Rome Termini by SIT bus

tc-cruise

I searched this forum but could not find anyone mention this. Did anyone try this before? 

No need to buy tickets at train station and potentially avoid the train strike issue. . The downside is it doesn't leave until 9:30AM (Ship arrives at 7) and bus takes longer than train. Every minute in Rome counts! 

I don't know that I've ever read about anyone here using the Sit bus.  As you say, it's kind of late and takes a while, plus it costs three times as much as the train, but it's always good to have a backup plan in your back pocket.

There's also the public Cotral bus to the Rome Cornelia metro station, but it takes a really long time.  It's really only a "there's no other choice" option.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/26/2024 at 12:47 PM, euro cruiser said:

I don't know that I've ever read about anyone here using the Sit bus.  As you say, it's kind of late and takes a while, plus it costs three times as much as the train, but it's always good to have a backup plan in your back pocket.

There's also the public Cotral bus to the Rome Cornelia metro station, but it takes a really long time.  It's really only a "there's no other choice" option.

It's not really 3 times if you count the 6 euro port mobility bus to train station. Of course if you walk without luggage, that's 3 times. 

I have actually taken the SIT bus. 

It was very convenient, starting right at the port gate. From the upper deck one has a nice view.

I did not go all the way to Termini but left at Via Crescenzio which is closer to the Vatican and many parts of the city centre.

The 9.30 h departure was fine with me for a more relaxed start. We had more than five hours in Rome.