Hotel

dlwhiz

Can anyone help me find a hotel in San Francisco, close to the pier where we can leave our car while on the cruise.

Thanks, dlwhiz:)

Hi, DLWhiz - I believe that almost any hotel in the Fisherman's Wharf area will have parking available, although it may cost you an arm and a leg! Call whatever hotel you're interested in to confirm that you can leave your car for an extended period. The Tuscan Inn recommended by Fllady is a nice and moderate-priced boutiquey hotel, and most of the rooms have views of the bay. Almost every national chain hotel is represented in that area as well. Here's a link to a list of some hotels at Fishermans Wharf: http://www.fishermanswharf.org/Lodging.htm Be aware, however, that none of them are really walking distance to the cruise ship pier when you're schlepping your luggage unless you pack much lighter than I do. Otherwise, you might want to leave your car at home and stay at a hotel that's more centrally located in the Union Square, Nob Hill, or Financial District areas. Most of those will also have parking available but for much more than Fisherman's wharf.

There is parking available near the cruise ship pier; here's a link to the SF Port Commission's website description of it: http://www.sfport.com/site/sfport_index.asp?id=34062

I hope you'll take enough time to explore and enjoy our fair city!

Hi dlwhiz,

We're staying in the Tuscan Inn for two nights before our cruise. We stayed there earlier this month just to see what the hotel was like and to see how "close" it was to the cruise terminal. It's about 6 blocks away and in my opinion, too far to haul my luggage:) . However, it is a nice hotel. I asked if we could leave our car there while we were on the cruise and they said yes, but it would cost us about $36.00/day. Like fllady said, some have made special arrangements to leave their cars at the hotel. However, we're going to park in the long term cruise parking lot (the link that Brucemcdou referenced). We were told that for our 12 day cruise it would cost $156.00 (cash only). The parking facility is about 2 blocks away from the cruise terminal. We're planning on dropping me off (along with the luggage) at the cruise terminal and have my husband park the car and walk back. When we get off the cruise, my husband can get the car while I collect the luggage. This may not work for everyone, but it's what we've decided to do.

By the way, what cruise are you going on?

Good luck and have lots of fun

Archived