footprint analysis

How much is a pair of custom shoe pads that the fitness instructor tries to sell at the end of the complimentary footprint analysis?  And are they durable & effective (in reducing foot pain)? 

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, sfvoyage said:

How much is a pair of custom shoe pads that the fitness instructor tries to sell at the end of the complimentary footprint analysis?  And are they durable & effective (in reducing foot pain)? 

My husband bought a pair a few years ago now and I think they were around $200. His bad back problems got significantly worse and once we were home his chiropractor told him they were a waste of time as you can’t change your back once you are getting on a bit! They might work for you with foot pain but maybe research a bit before you buy some. 

Edited by margbem
Spelling
  • Thanks 1

goodfeet.com.  Bought the product on board about seven years ago and use it daily.  I'm a believer.   Suggested to a friend and feel badly for making the suggestion.  IMO, it's worth the risk.   These free footprint tests are nothing but a sales tool employed in many places.  I bought into New Balance product because that is the shoe preferred.  Totally worthless piece of cloth.

The Good Feet product has held up.

• Thanks 1

I concur with Margbem. Some years ago they cost me about $200 and I eventually consigned them to my wardrobe as I couldn’t abide having them in my shoes. In fact, you can have mine if you’d like them!

Like all of the "free" spa things they are a sales pitch for worthless products.  Dr. Andrew Quack & whatever that company they outsource the spa to (most of the employees there hate working on Seabourn as I was told when getting a terrible haircut, maybe the worst of my life but got to hear all the complaints). Went to a thing a few years ago about losing belly fat just to see, guess what selling me things that do nothing to help you lose weight and you can not spot reduce.

• 2 weeks later...

As someone who has been wearing custom-made orthotics for 40 years, since training for a marathon when I pulled a groin muscle due to improper gait.  I would only go to a podiatrist and preferably a sports podiatrist. But that’s just me. Whatever the reason is that you think you need orthotics, you really should get a medical or other professional opinion and have them custom-made. Again, that’s just me. I do get new ones annually and use them in all of my sport shoes but not my dress shoes. And you get what you pay for. They are around $500 a pair. But you are also paying for the expertise of the professional who fits you. And if you buy them on the ship and you realize after you get off the cruise that they aren’t any good, you’re SOL.