Dance Floor Sizes in the Livingroom all 4 ships?

Morrey

I'm trying to decide which ship to go on based on how big the Livingroom dance floors are.

I also don't know how current these pictures are and if they are accurate?

Now that I see them side by side, my initial impressions could be wrong based on the camera lens making one look bigger than it really is?

The Quest is probably out because in the picture at least, the floor is made of stone and that's not good to dance on.

Based on where the poles are, it looks like the Onward has the biggest floor but again that could be an illusion.

The Pursuit also looks good but the poles are just barley at the edges of the picture and at the end of the floor so the Onward would still be bigger if the poles are in the same place?

What is your option of the biggest dance floor and are these pictures up to date?

Which ship has the best dance band and Cruise Director?

Thanks for your help.

Journey Living Dance Floor 1.1.jpg

Onward Livingroom Dance Floor 1.1.jpg

Pursuit Dance Floor 1.1.jpg

Quest Livingroom Dance Floor 1.1.jpg

Posted (edited)

Honestly the difference in size is marginal. I’ve never heard anyone complain that the type of floor is not good to dance on. It’s usually that they don’t like the music or the timing or that the ship is rocking too much as the Living Room does experience movement.  It’s not like it’s competition dancing. If it was me I would concentrate on the itinerary not other things when making my choice. 

Edited by uktog
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, uktog said:

Honestly the difference in size is marginal. I’ve never heard anyone complain that the type of floor is not good to dance on. It’s usually that they don’t like the music or the timing or that the ship is rocking too much as the Living Room does experience movement.  It’s not like it’s competition dancing. If it was me I would concentrate on the itinerary not other things when making my choice. 

I agree. It's not wotth the worry. One person might like the set up over the others, but it makes little difference. 

Phil 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

And there will be others using the floor who may not despite what is being played pre dinner will not be ballroom dancing so if you’re such a purist this is not the venue for you. This can on some voyages include young children.

I believe the Cunard Queens are often chosen by dancers for their cruises. 

Meant to say Cruise Director will have no impact on dancing and they like the bands are rotating all the time so impossible to say

Edited by uktog

We are passionate dancers and cruised with all 4 ships. They are quite the same. As mentioned above, Azamara is not the first choice if you want to dance. Ballroom is a bit tricky but possible, for latin dances it is quite OK.

It also depends a lot to the music. One time we had a fantastic motown band - we where lucky if we got one song to dance with each night.

• Like 1