Anyone on the Pearl with Chefs Making Waves?

L1211

I can't recall where I was, but on some business trip I had Aaron's Shrimp and Grits. Gosh, that was in the top ten of my meals, ever. It was at least ten years ago and I still remember that savory goodness making laps in my mouth. Mmmmm...that meal alone would have been worth booking the cruise (not really, but also yea). 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, TYTY said:

I really wanted to be on this cruise but it sold out before I could make a reservation!

@TYTYI can’t find the cost - did you find any info?  I think it’s annual? 

51 minutes ago, cruiseny4life said:

I can't recall where I was, but on some business trip I had Aaron's Shrimp and Grits. Gosh, that was in the top ten of my meals, ever. It was at least ten years ago and I still remember that savory goodness making laps in my mouth. Mmmmm...that meal alone would have been worth booking the cruise (not really, but also yea). 

Look what I found @cruiseny4life - a pic of Arron and your fav shrimp and grits!  Truly does look amazing!! 

IMG_7275.jpeg

• Thanks 1

On 3/29/2024 at 9:36 AM, TYTY said:

I really wanted to be on this cruise but it sold out before I could make a reservation!

We were on this sailing. Had a great time but there were a few misses that I'm sure will be sorted by the sailing in May of 2025. Make sure you sign up for the pre-sale before it goes on sale to the public.https://www.chefsmakingwaves.com/ You will see pricing and available cabins when it's your time to book. 

3 minutes ago, georgemoe said:

We were on this sailing. Had a great time but there were a few misses that I'm sure will be sorted by the sailing in May of 2025. Make sure you sign up for the pre-sale before it goes on sale to the public.https://www.chefsmakingwaves.com/ You will see pricing and available cabins when it's your time to book. 

Wow!  Tell more- was the food amazing??  Favorite chef?  I signed up for presale texts.  Thanks!!!  

7 minutes ago, L1211 said:

Wow!  Tell more- was the food amazing??  Favorite chef?  I signed up for presale texts.  Thanks!!!  

Wife and I both enjoyed the food. I like many of the Chef's who were on board but don't really have a favorite. Most were out and about with the passengers during the cruise. Buddy V was doing a tiramisu demo on the pool deck and my wife got one of his creations. If you want a lot of details sign up for the FB group Chef's Making Waves.

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, L1211 said:

I was also on this sailing. The food was pretty good, though keep in mind that the menus were curated by these chefs but not actually cooked by them. We found favorite courses from individual curated meals vs a full meal favorite.

For us the real treat was the live cooking demos a bunch of the chefs did up on the pool deck and elsewhere. Most of them would do the demo and then a Q&A after and it was a really cool opportunity to pick their brains about techniques, etc.

Overall though, It was neat to be able to mix and mingle with pretty much all of the chefs throughout the sailing and they all seemed pretty down to earth. Maneet Chauhan is still my favorite!

Edited by SmallBoatsFTW
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, SmallBoatsFTW said:

I was also on this sailing. The food was pretty good, though keep in mind that the menus were curated by these chefs but not actually cooked by them. We found favorite courses from individual curated meals vs a full meal favorite.

For us the real treat was the live cooking demos a bunch of the chefs did up on the pool deck and elsewhere. Most of them would do the demo and then a Q&A after and it was a really cool opportunity to pick their brains about techniques, etc.

Overall though, It was neat to be able to mix and mingle with pretty much all of the chefs throughout the sailing and they all seemed pretty down to earth. Maneet Chauhan is still my favorite!

Thank you @SmallBoatsFTW!  Sounds great!!

• Like 1