Queen Elizabeth, Miami based for winter 2025/2026 Caribbean...

rog747

Posted (edited)

Just been tipped off that the Queen Elizabeth will be Miami based for the winter 2025/2026 plying Caribbean cruises. 
Some rather nice trips there on sale.
I did not know about these until yesterday! 

Unlike P&O's winter Fly-Cruise offerings with their own charter flights from various UK airports to join their ships in Barbados or Antigua, Cunard have decided on a Miami base for QE (a first for Cunard in recent years >?)

Therefore I guess Cunard are going more for the local and American 'Home' crowd guests, and I cannot see them chartering their own flights to Miami from the UK to join the ship.

This is something that I am sure Hays Travel would rather like to do for selected departures, as their own flights from Bournemouth and Exeter on P&O's offerings are always a sell-out.

There is a shortage of UK charter airlines with spare wide body aircraft (Hence P&O's Maleth Aero awful contract debacle, now cancelled) and I am not sure if Virgin Atlantic or BA with whom Cunard have used before on Fly-Cruise charters, will have any spare capacity if approached for flight contracts.
Miami is not on the charter flight list, unlike many Caribbean airports. 
I guess Cunard (for UK guests) will just buy in seats on VS, BA, and AA from LHR to Miami, or use Norse from LGW.

One way to get to the ship from Heathrow and from the UK's many regional airports is to use the Aer Lingus Miami (MIA) flight from Dublin and add on the Aer Lingus feeder flight from your nearest UK regional airport, say from Bristol, Exeter, Southampton, Liverpool, Manchester, Leeds, etc etc 
Your luggage will be tagged right through to MIA, and what is all rather cool, is that you can pre-clear US Immigration and Customs in Dublin so that when you get to Miami you arrive as a 'Domestic' passenger and walk straight in.

Edited by rog747