Internet help

We don't cruise till August but was looking at the Wifi packages last night.  Let me get this straight.

For 2 people, one device each for a week it was coming in at a whopping £300.16

For 1 person, two devices for a week it's £229. 

Does that mean the internet can be in my name, one device my phone, one device my partners?

Thank you.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Yes... Do the 1 person, 2 devices... you can log in to both devices at the same time, just using the same login instead of unique login names for each one.  That's the only real difference. It's more of a thing for large groups, basically if you have 1 person, 3 devices- and someone tries to log in a 4th device, it will kick the person who has been logged in the longest off. 

Edited by Scottdalfonso
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, Woozisuzi said:

We don't cruise till August but was looking at the Wifi packages last night.  Let me get this straight.

For 2 people, one device each for a week it was coming in at a whopping £300.16

For 1 person, two devices for a week it's £229. 

Does that mean the internet can be in my name, one device my phone, one device my partners?

Thank you.

Yes. The plans only limit the number of concurrent devices that can be used on that plan at the same time. You can switch to any number of other devices by logging off one first, of just log in on another and it will boot one for you.

Get the 1 person, 2 devices

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Woozisuzi said:

Thank you! and the 1 person 2 devices can be used at the same time? 😀

Yes 2 devices at the same time. It cou its devices, it doesnt know who is using them with your sign in. If you signed in a 3rd device, it knocks one device off line.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Woozisuzi said:

Thank you! and the 1 person 2 devices can be used at the same time? 😀

You can use two different devices with the 1 person 1 device plan to save $ but both devices can't be online at he same time so the online device must be logged off, either before manually or by being kick off when the other goes online. This is the way DW and I use the onboard internet as neither of us must be online at the same time.

Edited by robtulipe
  • Like 1

It can really add up. There are other mainline cruise brands that include wifi in the sticker price. We usually get one device access and share it. Also be aware that it works better on some ships or part of the ship than others.

• Like 1