Cruise from La Romana. Info on cruise port needed.

Good morning, 

I have seen a few vlogs about the cruise port of La Romana. 

Looks nice with the pool and everything.

My question is, is the port area available for the cruisers that are embarking on the ship for a cruise ( La Romana being day 1 or starting port of the cruise ) or is it available only for those who are in port as a stop on their cruise ?

Thank you all in advance,

• Like 1

I am looking for the same information.  I have a lot of questions about embarking in La Romana - Like you we don't cruise from there until 2026

20 hours ago, TSUmom said:

I am looking for the same information.  I have a lot of questions about embarking in La Romana - Like you we don't cruise from there until 2026

On a group about the Sky on FB I asked the same question and someone who sailed from there a few weeks ago said that you can check in, board the ship then get out of the ship and enjoy the port area including the pool and then get back on the ship for sailaway.

Still waiting on others to confirm this.

But if it is the case, that is great ! It is almost like adding 1 day to the cruise.

• Like 1

That would be a great start for our cruise.  Also trying to decide how many days pre-cruise to arrive and if we want to stay in La Romana or Punta Cana.  Right now I am leaning towards La Romana but that will depend on flight arrival time.  I am also researching transportation and hotels.  I am a planner and have two years to figure it out but....like I said I am a planner😁

10 hours ago, TSUmom said:

That would be a great start for our cruise.  Also trying to decide how many days pre-cruise to arrive and if we want to stay in La Romana or Punta Cana.  Right now I am leaning towards La Romana but that will depend on flight arrival time.  I am also researching transportation and hotels.  I am a planner and have two years to figure it out but....like I said I am a planner😁

An other pax answered my question on the FB group. Yes we can enjoy the port area on embarkation AND debarkation day. This is great news.

Obviously I am a planner also 😉 

I have direct flights from my hometown to La Romana 2 days before the cruise and 2 days after the cruise, Or direct flight to Punta Cana any day.

Transfer is about $100 each ways, some drivers are reliable, some not so. This is why I will fly to La Romana and stay there. From what I have seen so far, the hotel prices are very reasonable. 

Will probably do an excursion 1 or 2 days before the cruise like Buggy and caves or Saona Island but this a a full 10/11 hour excursion. Or I might buy a day pass to a resort in La Romana to enjoy beach and stress free days before the cruise.

Like you said, plenty of time to decide, 640 days to go 😅 We will have plenty of time to plan and share our finds 😉

• Like 1