Questions About 25 Aug 2024 12-night REYKJAVIK TO LONGYEARBYEN on World Voyager

I had a great time on my Antarctic cruise last year, and am planning to do the 12-Night Reykjavik to Longyearbyen cruise in August (and on the same ship!) I do have some questions about logistics and shore excursions though:

• Since there is no pre-departure hotel stay included, what are the logistics of getting to the ship? Are we just supposed to make our way to the ship? Will there be some kind of transportation provided from a central location to the ship? Along those lines, is there a recommended hotel in Reykjavik that we should stay at (for example, if a central pickup is done at a hotel?) Are there any optional excursions we can sign up for in Reykjavik? I'm planning on getting into Reykjavik at least 1 day prior to the day the ship departs.
  • When the ship arrives and the cruise ends in Longyearbyen, what are the logistics? Are we just loaded onto transport and taken to the airport for the flight to Oslo? Is there an option to extend our stay in Longyearbyen by a day or two so we can sightsee? Are there any optional exclusions we can sign up for in Longyearbyen?
  • Are there any shore excursions we can sign up for during the cruise (other than the listed Ittoqqortoormiit, Greenland)? I've looked through the Atlas Ashore 2024 Shoreside Excursions Arctic - Svalbard & Greenland brochure and didn't see anything.

TIA

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, jimrpa said:

I had a great time on my Antarctic cruise last year, and am planning to do the 12-Night Reykjavik to Longyearbyen cruise in August (and on the same ship!) I do have some questions about logistics and shore excursions though:

• Since there is no pre-departure hotel stay included, what are the logistics of getting to the ship? Are we just supposed to make our way to the ship? Will there be some kind of transportation provided from a central location to the ship? Along those lines, is there a recommended hotel in Reykjavik that we should stay at (for example, if a central pickup is done at a hotel?) Are there any optional excursions we can sign up for in Reykjavik? I'm planning on getting into Reykjavik at least 1 day prior to the day the ship departs.
  • When the ship arrives and the cruise ends in Longyearbyen, what are the logistics? Are we just loaded onto transport and taken to the airport for the flight to Oslo? Is there an option to extend our stay in Longyearbyen by a day or two so we can sightsee? Are there any optional exclusions we can sign up for in Longyearbyen?
  • Are there any shore excursions we can sign up for during the cruise (other than the listed Ittoqqortoormiit, Greenland)? I've looked through the Atlas Ashore 2024 Shoreside Excursions Arctic - Svalbard & Greenland brochure and didn't see anything.

TIA

Hello Jim,

I interpret you're sailing on the World Voyager Aug 25 sailing.

Atlas offers independent transfers for $314 per sedan from KEF to the ship on Aug 25.  Our reservations team or your travel agent may request this, and we will simply need your flight information provided at the time of adding it to your booking.  Please note this service is only available on the day of embarkation. 

For debarkation in Longyearbyen, the charter flight from Longyearbyen to Oslo is provided, and the ground transfer from the ship to the airport is automatically included since the charter flight component is provided. We do not offer any land program or post-cruise hotel options in Longyearbyen. Should you be looking to extend your time here, you would need to forgo the charter flight inclusion and book those logistics independently from Atlas. 

There are no other shore excursions to book in advance beyond the option in Ittoqqortoormiit, as all of the other ports are listed as "Captain's Choice", which indicates that our Expedition Team will determine the planned activities for those days. You can anticipate Zodiac landings and Zodiac safari experiences during these calls, and some days you may have two outings, one in the morning and another in the afternoon, and where feasible. As these are subject to weather conditions, they are not pre-bookable and will be announced on ship. All guests will have the opportunity to participate in these activities and at no additional cost. 

Let us know you have any additional questions.  Happy to assist.  

We look forward to welcoming you aboard World Voyager later this summer.

Jason

Edited by AOV Communications
punctuation change