April 2024 Escape TA late boarding

Wonder why the passenger less Escape is arriving later on Monday, a couple of theories:

1)they are going slower to save on fuel.

2) they need a ship fix 

3) skip  1st passenger lunch to save money

4) crew doesn’t want to end their eclipse party

5) because they just feel like it. 

Any other ideas? 

They are going to provision the ship in  Port Canaveral for the long TA crossing instead of doing it in New York.. This is very common

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
13 hours ago, bedfordmom said:

Wonder why the passenger less Escape is arriving later on Monday, a couple of theories:

Any other ideas? 

Have a wonderful, great and smooth TA sailing, happy & healthy 😊 

Other speculations - it's for our (in)convenience to sail & sustain ... nowadays, gotta to pack a good sense of humor with these "unforeseen" changes, and, just go with the flow. 

Just completed our OLCI for later this month, funny things happening to us.  Your sail time is 8:00 PM according to one site since I can't see it on NCL anymore.  Our scheduled (per eDoc this morning) remained unchanged at 4 PM ... earliest pier arrival/boarding time is 12:00 - 12:30 PM (and, all abroad is 2 hours prior.)   Latest check-in time is 3:30 - 4 PM ... indicating a probably sail time of no earlier than 6 PM.  

PrimaeDocboardingnarrivaltimeatnoon-Apr2024.thumb.jpg.3f867da2ec6142f0971dd10c5c8eb373.jpg

Lots of chatter on our roll call here, almost all agreed & know, shore /pier operations and ship crew has a narrowish 2 hour window to get 3,000+ onboard, luggage - even if they don't have to load any extra lobster tails, hash browns and cookie dough, etc. for the crossing.  Ship is coming from Miami via Caribbean after 12 days, and therefore, almost certain or must load additional provisions for 15+ days - concluding that it will take a few hours to load all the luggage plus food, supplies & offset waste destined for disposal.  Pax on the repo are getting a 7 AM arrival time into NY - things just don't compute or add up for us.  

Curious mind wanted to know, what plans do they have for the Pearl's TA crossing, they are ahead of ours - Escape will be the "pioneer" this season out of NY to head east.  Will be tracking and monitoring, on the lookout for any interesting update from those onboard.  

One other possible reason - NCL has scheduled USCG and/or public health, or similar inspection while the ship(s) is in NYC ... and, therefore need (must) to push back early boarding until noon'ish. 

Best Regards - mking8288 / Henry 

Edited by mking8288

Posted (edited)

Thanks.  All good here, affirmative.  Tracking Escape & Pearl, going out following them & heading northeast again.  See above eDoc.  Semi Live, most likely since Starlink worked last Fall and no reasons otherwise not to try ... best effort to make it fun, interesting, informative and good dose of humor, telling and calling it as we see it.  Good # of Diamond, Sapphire & Platinum on the roll call, welcome abroad mats out for others to post on the TR as they wish, as contributors and/or do their own.  

Edited by mking8288

Ah the Prima! We are scheduled to depart at 7pm. The late check in has passengers a little flustered given Mondays eclipse. So rather than enjoying itgr eclipse with drink in hand most will be trying to check onto the windowless Port of Manhattan. Perhaps later check ins may be a new norm who knows. Safe travels to you and to the Prima and prob read your review after my cruise. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
On 4/6/2024 at 8:05 PM, bedfordmom said:

We are scheduled to depart at 7pm. The late check in has passengers a little flustered ... Perhaps later check ins may be a new norm who knows ... 

I trusted you are enjoying the TA and look forward to reading about it.

Screenshot_20240408-192443.thumb.png.e6e5d5e1328d1a600d50d11f29258515.png

Was a beautiful & pretty sunset sail away for your TA. NCL finally emailed all pax, I think 🤔 at T minus 17 days, when impatient folks already finished OLCI and printed out boarding passes & luggage tags. Now, they won't start airport ground transfer until 10 AM and guests won't be able to get checked in until 12 noon at the earliest, ship is arriving 2 hours later than usual.  

Reason, to protect right whales along the Atlantic coastal migration ... this is seasonal but will affect all ships in the designated zones per maritime regulations. They've been spotted inside NY's harbor & nearby last year.

Screenshot_20240410-100710.png

Edited by mking8288

Cruise has been fantastic. In Bermuda now with perfect 70 degrees. Using my husbands hot spot as he got the Verizon month long.i got cookies yesterday at 3:30 by asking for it.. they gave me 4 choco chip but only  took 2 maybe i will be sorry.No hash  browns just cold country potato’s at breakfast. Food is relatively good 

• Like 1