Question about penthouse on the Wind

woodley

I already have a balcony cabin booked and am thinking about upgrading to a penthouse on the wind. Can anyone help me with these questions?

1. Can you access the deck through the cabin?

2. As there is not a private balcony and the deck outside the cabin is open to other cruisers does this cause you to have to keep your curtains closed for privacy or are there seldom visitors to this area. Are there privacy curtains that allow you to see out but others not to see in.

3. Is it worth the extra money ?

4. Am I more likely to be offered an upsell from Ab to owners suite than BA to owners suite?

Any information would be helpfull.:)

Woodley

We were in a Wind penthouse over New Years. I'll answer a couple of your questions.

No, you cannot access the deck directly from the cabin. The door to the deck is very near the door to the cabin, at least on the Norway Deck where we were.

The windows are darkened so it is hard to see in during the day. At night when lights are on, best to keep the curtains closed. We did not find there were a lot of folks on the deck in front of the cabin as it did get fairly breezy out there.

We loved the extra space with three adults. Plus, with a small bathtub, it is easier to shower. Is it worth the extra cost, that's a subjective call. Don't have any idea about upgrades.

Good luck. Enjoy your time on the Wind. We did.

Archived