***LIVE*** from MSC Divina YC (Yacht Club) - Western Caribbean Miami 7 April to 18 April 2024

Best Cat Mom

Thanks for a great review. We have sailed previously on Divina, both in and out of YC and are looking at the TA in April, 2026 from Miami to Rome. I don't remember if there is access to the Top Sail Lounge from Port side on deck 15, or is it only from starboard side? Seashore is only starboard. Do you remember?  Thank you. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kicia said:

I don't remember if there is access to the Top Sail Lounge from Port side on deck 15, or is it only from starboard side? Seashore is only starboard. Do you remember?  Thank you. 

We were in a port side cabin on Deck 15 and there is direct access into the Top Sail Lounge through a door at the very end of the hallway. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Best Cat Mom said:

Thanks @DaKahuna! Since we were a deck above TSL, I was not sure. 

I remembered you were on 16 on your second leg but thought you were on 15 for the first.  But I knew the answer so I chimed in. 

11 hours ago, DaKahuna said:

I remembered you were on 16 on your second leg but thought you were on 15 for the first.

Oops -- I was thinking about the transatlantic as that's when we were on 16. For this sailing, we were indeed on 15 and it was all one cruise so we spent the full 11 nights on 15. We had booked a starboard cabin for the lighthouse show on Ocean Cay, but that was before they announced that the island would be closed for our visit. 😞

Anyway, good to know that the alternate doors exist on both sides. We especially like to exit that way if we leave TSL whilst live music is performed. It doesn't feel as rude to the performer(s).

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Best Cat Mom said:

Anyway, good to know that the alternate doors exist on both sides. We especially like to exit that way if we leave TSL whilst live music is performed. It doesn't feel as rude to the performer(s).

We also used that exit for that purpose.  It also enabled my DW to lead me out without my being tempted by walking past the bar, although a few nights I did accompany her back and then return to the lounge on my own.  Just depended on how late she stayed with me listening to the entertainment. 

• Haha 2

• 1 month later...
Just now, KittyCruz said:

we're on the Divina next March

We really like Divina. We think the smaller scale of the YC gives a nice intimate feeling. We're back on her in October of 2025 for a transatlantic from Lisbon. Meanwhile, we've got Seascape and Seaside before that. I think we'll be happy to be on Divina again. Hope you enjoy her too!

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Best Cat Mom said:

We really like Divina. We think the smaller scale of the YC gives a nice intimate feeling. We're back on her in October of 2025 for a transatlantic from Lisbon. Meanwhile, we've got Seascape and Seaside before that. I think we'll be happy to be on Divina again. Hope you enjoy her too!

We've sailed on the Meraviglia and the Seascape in the past  (Aureau and now YC) I can't remember why we booked the Divina except that it might of worked with schedules (this trip we're bringing along the kids and our first grandbaby)  I truly enjoyed the Promenade of the Meraviglia so I am hoping the Divina gives us a little entertainment on that end (people watching, more intimate music venues)

Regardless, we'll be back on the Seascape once she is Galveston

If I can ask, do you all use the concierge when booking YC excursions? and if so how does that work?  

21 minutes ago, KittyCruz said:

do you all use the concierge when booking YC excursions? and if so how does that work?

We rarely leave the ship in the Caribbean these days and in the past have usually purchased any excursions before we boarded. The few times we found an excursion we wanted to join once we were onboard, we would speak with the concierge to purchase it. Your butler probably could assist as well, but they're just going to with the concierge, so we skip the middle person when possible. We find that we interact just as frequently with the concierge staff as with our butler (and all the butlers). They are all there for you so choose whichever you prefer. 😉

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Best Cat Mom said:

We rarely leave the ship in the Caribbean these days and in the past have usually purchased any excursions before we boarded. The few times we found an excursion we wanted to join once we were onboard, we would speak with the concierge to purchase it. Your butler probably could assist as well, but they're just going to with the concierge, so we skip the middle person when possible. We find that we interact just as frequently with the concierge staff as with our butler (and all the butlers). They are all there for you so choose whichever you prefer. 😉

Thanks!  For some reason a concierge already reached out to us (this has not happened before) so we didn't really know what to ask so I guess I will learn!  (we definitely want to get information on the bambino club so G&G are not doing all of the babysitting)

Just now, KittyCruz said:

a concierge already reached out to us

Do you mean a Cruise Concierge? If you're not onboard yet, that Cruise Concierge is a sort of travel agent/special MSC booking agent -- they are not the YC concierge staff from the ship. Some folks use Cruise Concierges to book their cruises and add-on items instead of booking themselves on the MSC website or using their own personal travel agent. There is no extra cost to the traveler and those Cruise Concierges do provide a personal service. We used one for our first post-Covid cruise and he was very attentive. He gave us his direct phone number and was super responsive to all our needs.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Best Cat Mom said:

Do you mean a Cruise Concierge? If you're not onboard yet, that Cruise Concierge is a sort of travel agent/special MSC booking agent -- they are not the YC concierge staff from the ship. Some folks use Cruise Concierges to book their cruises and add-on items instead of booking themselves on the MSC website or using their own personal travel agent. There is no extra cost to the traveler and those Cruise Concierges do provide a personal service. We used one for our first post-Covid cruise and he was very attentive. He gave us his direct phone number and was super responsive to all our needs.

@Best Cat Mom  excellent!! thank you for the clarification and explanation!   this will be our second time in YC and so much still to learn to ensure we are pampered to the fullest during our time at sea.  

1 minute ago, KittyCruz said:

our second time in YC and so much still to learn to ensure we are pampered to the fullest

We learn something more each time -- this is my best reason to book another and another and another... 😁

• Haha 3