Queen Anne World Cruise - will there be an itinerary change?

Cruise NH

I see that HAL has already announced that they will not be taking the chance and go through the Suez Canal on their 2025 world cruise.  QA is currently scheduled to go that route and I'm wondering if that will hold.

We're debating taking this cruise and wouldn't mind if it detoured to Africa but that would be quite a change for them.  Is there any scuttlebutt about this?  Also I can't believe I just wrote out the word 'scuttlebutt' for the first time in my life.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I imagine there will be. Our around Africa cruise on the Sojourn has been re routed, and I just got word that the Island Princess has been rerouted, so Cunard can't be too far behind unfortunately.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, safarigal said:

I imagine there will be. Our around Africa cruise on the Sojourn has been re routed, and I just got word that the Island Princess has been rerouted, so Cunard can't be too far behind unfortunately.

Hadn't heard about Princess, that is interesting.

Hi, 

I don't have any inside information, but I predict that the itinerary will change to avoid the Red Sea/Suez Canal. Because Cunard, Princess, and Holland America are all members of Carnival Corporation, I think they will follow the same approach.

I am currently booked on the Queen Anne world cruise from New York to Southampton (98 days) followed by the return crossing to New York on the QM2. I am extremely excited about this cruise and intend to keep my reservation regardless of an itinerary change.

If I receive any information from Cunard regarding a revised itinerary, I will post it here. 

Chuck 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

I think the whole Gulf/ME region will be 'off limits' to all Cruise ships for the long time foreseeable.

Cunard's ships are insured by Brokers at Lloyd's of London and the Underwriters state there is no Cover for the Region.
(My Family are all at Lloyd's in London working in this field for the past 60 odd years).

If these worrying troubles escalate further then we can likely kiss goodbye to Red Sea holidays (Sharm etc) possibly to Cyprus too, and maybe even Dubai.
So, if you want to go and see the Pyramids, The Nile and The Valley of the Kings, then go there soon.

The QA will be rerouted via the Cape as HAL has already done, and I am sure she will stay on schedule for her many US World Cruise guests to connect with the QM2's SOU-NYC crossing to get them home.

Everyday is a 'School Day' for me LOL
Scuttlebutt in slang usage means rumour or gossip, deriving from the Nautical term for the cask used to serve water.
(or in Today's' world :The term corresponds to the colloquial concept of a gathering at the water cooler (USA) or the tea trolley (UK) in an office setting, which at times becomes the focus of congregation and casual discussion and gossip.

A Navy scuttlebutt.

Edited by rog747
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, rog747 said:

I think the whole Gulf/ME region will be 'off limits' to all Cruise ships for the long time foreseeable.

Cunard's ships are insured by Brokers at Lloyd's of London and the Underwriters state there is no Cover for the Region.
(My Family are all at Lloyd's in London working in this field for the past 60 odd years).

If these worrying troubles escalate further then we can likely kiss goodbye to Red Sea holidays (Sharm etc) possibly to Cyprus too, and maybe even Dubai.
So, if you want to go and see the Pyramids, The Nile and The Valley of the Kings, then go there soon.

The QA will be rerouted via the Cape as HAL has already done, and I am sure she will stay on schedule for her many US World Cruise guests to connect with the QM2's SOU-NYC crossing to get them home.

Everyday is a 'School Day' for me LOL
Scuttlebutt in slang usage means rumour or gossip, deriving from the Nautical term for the cask used to serve water.
(or in Today's' world :The term corresponds to the colloquial concept of a gathering at the water cooler (USA) or the tea trolley (UK) in an office setting, which at times becomes the focus of congregation and casual discussion and gossip.

A Navy scuttlebutt.

I used a naval term and I didn’t even know it!