Norwegian Escape May 31 Amalfi Coast

Maybe I'm a heathen, but why does it seem every European tour has to include a church. Once you've seen one, you've seen most of them. And heck, I'm not even an unholy person. I just don't need to see church after church after church. Take me to where the real people are! 

Oh....you should post this in your roll call. You'll have better experiences over there finding people who want to go with you. 

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, cruiseny4life said:

Maybe I'm a heathen, but why does it seem every European tour has to include a church. Once you've seen one, you've seen most of them. And heck, I'm not even an unholy person. I just don't need to see church after church after church. Take me to where the real people are! 

Oh....you should post this in your roll call. You'll have better experiences over there finding people who want to go with you. 

LOL

What is there in Italy except art galleries with a hundred paintings of Madonna and Child and a church or 10 in every town/city LOL

For the OP, one thing I would like to caution you on is that the ship docks in Naples. The Amalfi Coast (an hour or more away)  while nice is very very busy. The road is very very small and winding and anything can slow you down or make you come to a grinding halt. There is no return short cut once on it except at Amalfi.

Point is, if there was any time to consider a ships excursion, this may be it.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)

Welcome to CC, and...

Just a hint...post this on your ship's roll call. You might get a better response, since...I don't know...all of the people on that roll call are actually going on that cruise. Unlike the rest of us.

Edit: Just saw @cruiseny4life beat me to it. Oops.

Story of my life. A day late and $10 short.

Edited by schmoopie17

7 hours ago, HappyDay09 said:

Looking for one more person to join Italytour.eu to Amalfi Coast.

IMG_1276.png

IMG_1279.png

IMG_1278.png

IMG_1275.png

I did this exact tour last April and loved it.  Got back to the ship in plenty of time. Your driver will drop you off in each of the towns and make suggestions but you are free to go where you choose.

10 hours ago, cruiseny4life said:

but why does it seem every European tour has to include a church.

No joke, two hours ago, I received this email from NCL "The shore excursion description for MSN_30 / HIGHLIGHTS OF TAORMINA has been updated. Please note, the tour no longer pauses for photos at Cathedral of Messina." @cruiseny4life are you the most powerful influencer on Cruise Critic?🤔

• Haha 2

We did this tour a year and a half ago pre-cruise so we could stay as long as we wanted and it was amazing! Long day and it costs a bit more than your post but so worth it! Our guide was great and we took good care of him. You'll have a blast!

Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, Rusty Shacklefjord said:

No joke, two hours ago, I received this email from NCL "The shore excursion description for MSN_30 / HIGHLIGHTS OF TAORMINA has been updated. Please note, the tour no longer pauses for photos at Cathedral of Messina." @cruiseny4life are you the most powerful influencer on Cruise Critic?🤔

Oh my! Little did I know the power I wield. 🧞‍♂️

I certainly hope that wasn't a highlight for you! I understand different folks are looking for different excursions.

Have a really amazing cruise in May!

Edited by cruiseny4life
  • Like 2

We're actually looking at this very same tour for this September. We have used italytours.eu in the past and have always had good luck with them.

Having said that, this company also gets rave reviews and is priced comparably. Trying to decide between the two. Does anyone have an quarter (or euro) I can flip?

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g187785-d12275711-Reviews-or10-Taxi_Mister_Cab_Driver_Napoli-Naples_Province_of_Naples_Campania.html

1 hour ago, schmoopie17 said:

We're actually looking at this very same tour for this September. We have used italytours.eu in the past and have always had good luck with them.

Having said that, this company also gets rave reviews and is priced comparably. Trying to decide between the two. Does anyone have an quarter (or euro) I can flip?

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g187785-d12275711-Reviews-or10-Taxi_Mister_Cab_Driver_Napoli-Naples_Province_of_Naples_Campania.html

This company also reduces fares for people who advertise for them on CC.

I have pointed this out several times to the rulers of CC, but they keep letting it happen.

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, Rusty Shacklefjord said:

We received the same email and were not disappointed by the change 😂

On 4/10/2024 at 2:07 PM, yakcruiser said:

I did this exact tour last April and loved it.  Got back to the ship in plenty of time. Your driver will drop you off in each of the towns and make suggestions but you are free to go where you choose.

Thanks for info!!!