What songs are normally in “Rock Opera”?

We are on the Discovery Princess for the eclipse cruise.

We noticed they did a couple of topical songs- “Total Eclipse of the Heart” and “The Sounds of Silence”.

Are those normally in the lineup or did they add them for the eclipse cruise?

They also did “Bang, Bang- I Shot My Baby Down”.  My lovely wife and I were pleased by that. That is the song from the movie “Kill Bill, Volume 1” which was our first date.

In any case, it was a great show and the eclipse was awesome.  The rest of the cruise has also been wonderful.

It’s just a coincidence that thematically those songs tied into the Eclipse theme of your particular cruise. Both songs are a regular part of the Rock Opera lineup. But pretty cool that they offered extra meaning on your cruise! 

We have some friends onboard with you and from her reports it looks like an amazing experience. Lucky you!

The show is set, with a fixed arrangements, dance as well as copyright. Very doubtful they would spend the big bucks for additional rights, dance and arrangements for one cruise. 

21 hours ago, karatemom2 said:

It’s just a coincidence that thematically those songs tied into the Eclipse theme of your particular cruise. Both songs are a regular part of the Rock Opera lineup. But pretty cool that they offered extra meaning on your cruise! 

We have some friends onboard with you and from her reports it looks like an amazing experience. Lucky you!

It was absolutely an amazing experience. Everyone should put a total solar eclipse on their bucket list.

Thanks everyone that clarified that those songs are a normal part of the performance.

I expected that but clarification is nice.

• Like 1