New Cuinard Sale begins today 4/11/24

MCC retired

The Americas Sale

Cunard introduces “The Americas Sale” starting April 11, 2024 with fares from $699 on voyages sailing to and from ports in the Americas

• Opens April 11, 2024, to April 23, 2024
  • The Americas Sale with fares from $699 (USD)
  • 85 Voyages

Offers apply only to the first two guests per booking.

Promo Code: RD8

Itineraries include

• 2024 Alaska, Canada & New England, Caribbean, and Transatlantic Crossings (to and from NYC or FLL).
  • 2025 Alaska, Canada & New England, Caribbean, Panama Canal, South America, Transatlantic Crossings (to and from NYC or FLL), and World Segment (Panama Canal Transit).
  • See below for the complete list of voyages included

Combinability:  Offer is combinable with Cruise Sales, Group amenities and counts toward TCs.  Offer is not combinable with Onboard Sales programs, Grills promo ZED (Gratuities and drinks package), and other select offers including, Past Guest, Negotiated, Flash, Interline, and Travel Agent rates.  Offer may not combine with exclusive offers, regional offers, and negotiated rates. This promotion is subject to capacity control.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

I had been waiting for this sale.  Having never cruised Cunard, it's on my list.  Are the sale prices remarkable? It seems the sale fares are the stripped ones (no drink, wifi etc) and I do not see any lenient cancel policies or extended due dates for final payment.  Can anyone enlighten if now is the right time book (in my case, for 2025)?

3 hours ago, spectromen said:

I had been waiting for this sale.  Having never cruised Cunard, it's on my list.  Are the sale prices remarkable? It seems the sale fares are the stripped ones (no drink, wifi etc) and I do not see any lenient cancel policies or extended due dates for final payment.  Can anyone enlighten if now is the right time book (in my case, for 2025)?

Cunard isn't really into packages, at least at the moment, so it's always the case that Cunard pricing works on "no extras", which in this context is easier for comparison. For the better suites (Grills) there may be drink packages thrown in.

I try to monitor fares, and from what I can make out sale prices are usually close to the lowest price point, complicated a bit by their usual habit of adding some sort of onboard credit. If the question is "will I get scammed buying now?" then the answer is "most unlikely". If the question is "is this the very lowest it will get?" the answer is "no". If a sailing doesn't fill up for what ever reason then around 100 to 70 days to sailing then prices can be cut to the bone, particularly for inside and obstructed balconies, occasionally outside and Club balconies. Cunard will almost give away a stateroom than let it stay empty, they'll get their money via high margin items like drinks and wifi.

This isn't great for those who need to plan ahead (but terrific for me!) but some sailings can be predicted not to be good selling items (e.g. after Labor Day if US based, or Med trips in mid October).

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, spectromen said:

Alaska prices are remarkable. When I first booked a voyage for this June in Oct 2023, the PG fare (inc US Grills Drinks covering drink up to $12 promo and Gratuities and before taxes/fees) was $8k. I whittled it down to $6k before final payment and now see $4.2k but no Grills promo. Fares for Crossings don’t come down too much. 

Edited by NE John
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

For those of us in Canada, Cunard quotes fares in Canadian $ but just recently the wording has been changed to: "fares shown are in $ $" whatever that means.  If the fares shown to us in Canada are in Canadian $ as usual, there are indeed some great prices. But if they are in US $ a 35% surcharge is not such a big deal. On one of the later Alaska cruises there are three fare levels available. The maximum fare which includes all the Grills perks is the same as it was when it clearly showed that fares are in Canadian $, so maybe the cheaper fares are also in Canadian currency.

We are anxious to book something - and our dates are flexible - but I have to wait for one more medical appointment for the purposes of our travel insurance.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Pushpit said:

Cunard isn't really into packages, at least at the moment, so it's always the case that Cunard pricing works on "no extras", which in this context is easier for comparison. For the better suites (Grills) there may be drink packages thrown in.

I try to monitor fares, and from what I can make out sale prices are usually close to the lowest price point, complicated a bit by their usual habit of adding some sort of onboard credit. If the question is "will I get scammed buying now?" then the answer is "most unlikely". If the question is "is this the very lowest it will get?" the answer is "no". If a sailing doesn't fill up for what ever reason then around 100 to 70 days to sailing then prices can be cut to the bone, particularly for inside and obstructed balconies, occasionally outside and Club balconies. Cunard will almost give away a stateroom than let it stay empty, they'll get their money via high margin items like drinks and wifi.

This isn't great for those who need to plan ahead (but terrific for me!) but some sailings can be predicted not to be good selling items (e.g. after Labor Day if US based, or Med trips in mid October).

Thank you!  The Grills would not be an option for me ($$$) but yes I had taken note of those extra perks.  The only remaining answer to find is the cancellation policy and date by which full payment is due - I'll search around the website.  Appreciate the help!

• Like 1

On 4/12/2024 at 9:05 AM, spectromen said:

Thank you!  The Grills would not be an option for me ($$$) but yes I had taken note of those extra perks.  The only remaining answer to find is the cancellation policy and date by which full payment is due - I'll search around the website.  Appreciate the help!

In case you haven't found it yet, here is the information:  https://www.cunard.com/en-us/advice-and-policies/standard-cancellation-refund-policy

• Like 1

No OBC or other amenities on this sale,

just real good discounted cruise rates on all categories.

Counting on our OBC’s from Group Rste , TA.Shareholder and Military benefits .

On 4/13/2024 at 12:09 AM, david,Mississauga said:

For those of us in Canada, Cunard quotes fares in Canadian $ but just recently the wording has been changed to: "fares shown are in $ $" whatever that means.  If the fares shown to us in Canada are in Canadian $ as usual, there are indeed some great prices. But if they are in US $ a 35% surcharge is not such a big deal. On one of the later Alaska cruises there are three fare levels available. The maximum fare which includes all the Grills perks is the same as it was when it clearly showed that fares are in Canadian $, so maybe the cheaper fares are also in Canadian currency.

We are anxious to book something - and our dates are flexible - but I have to wait for one more medical appointment for the purposes of our travel insurance.

Not sure about the laws in Canada but, in Australia, consumer law says $ means AUD.  If suppliers mean USD, they have to say USD.

12 hours ago, spectromen said:

Speaking of OBC - oftentimes, travel agents have access to OBC because their agency books blocks in advance.  Is there ever an advantage to using a TA with Cunard?

For US Bookings :

Most always a Good TA can give you OBC's , Amenities , lower Deposits and Group Rates 

unavailable to those booking Direct. Why some people don't bother to compare before booking Direct is beyond me?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MCC retired said:

For US Bookings :

Most always a Good TA can give you OBC's , Amenities , lower Deposits and Group Rates 

unavailable to those booking Direct. Why some people don't bother to compare before booking Direct is beyond me?

Thanks!  Will do.

20 hours ago, spectromen said:

Speaking of OBC - oftentimes, travel agents have access to OBC because their agency books blocks in advance.  Is there ever an advantage to using a TA with Cunard?

My TA was able to book the Americas Sale fare and provide $250 OBC per cabin for an obstructed oceanview cabin for an Alaska cruise on QE this summer.  Definitely worth it for me to book with the TA instead of directly with Cunard.

• Like 1

On 4/15/2024 at 10:56 PM, reeves35 said:

Not sure about the laws in Canada but, in Australia, consumer law says $ means AUD.  If suppliers mean USD, they have to say USD.

I don't know if it is the law in Canada, but prices mentioned in $ are considered to be Canadian currency rather than foreign.  Although there may be exceptions,  advertising and most newspaper articles will indicate if foreign currency is being mentioned.  The Cunard site that we get in Canada is the US one, but they know I am in Canada. All fares and transfers have always been in Canadian $. I have never been able to see fares in US $ or £. Excursions which are booked are in US $ and this is clearly indicated.

I hope to be able to make a booking in the next few days, so I will know soon what Cunard means by "$ $".

On 4/17/2024 at 4:33 PM, david,Mississauga said:

I hope to be able to make a booking in the next few days, so I will know soon what Cunard means by "$ $".

Thanks to my favourable medical report I was able to book two voyages. The fares shown in "$ $" were in Canadian dollars as usual.  I mention this for the benefit of other Canadians who may be curious about fares.