Ventura starlink WiFi

johno11

Hi there, soon to be going on P&o Ventura , down to Portugal etc past bay of biscay.

ive heard Ventura has star link WiFi… I was wondering how people found the essential WiFi package? I only really need the WiFi for WhatsApp and iMessages at sea.

thanks  

Posted (edited)

I bought a couple of individual 24 hour periods of the basic essentials plan at the end of last year on Ventura. It was absolutely fine. It even let me do voice calls and video calls via WhatsApp. 

Edited by Selbourne

Used Starlink on a Princess ship and it was absolutely fine- didn’t once find an area without a signal. Nothing like the hit and miss cover that you used to get on ships. 

2 hours ago, Francisdrake said:

Any idea if it's good enough for streaming video through an app? wouldn't mind watching the Boxing on my cruise on 1st of June & i'm presuming P&O won't have rights to show it on board.  

We had the upgraded download internet and were able to watch the live football on an app. Occasionally it buffered, but that was probably the dodgy app 😂

• Like 1

On 4/14/2024 at 6:07 PM, Cloudyrain said:

We had the upgraded download internet and were able to watch the live football on an app. Occasionally it buffered, but that was probably the dodgy app 😂

Cheers sounds promising, will be through the DAZN app so don't need to worry about the app itself.