Plus package total cost

hop2it

We booked the Plus package at $60, expecting it would be $600 ($1200 for two) for the 10-night cruise. But the itemized breakdown (which seems to have disappeared from our account) showed the Plus charge at $734 each, $1,468 total. Can someone please explain? Also, where can one find the itemized breakdown of the various charges? Please help.

I tried calling. Got someone who could not communicate in English and kept reading the total amount of the fare and what I paid as deposit. I fully support hiring employees from anywhere in the world, but language/communication skill should be required.

I just checked our documents and we bought premier for 80 x 10 and it was 800. Not sure where your extra amount came from.  Checking earlier quotes from our TA  and the quote for plus was exactly 200. cheaper. All pp of course.

10 minutes ago, hop2it said:

But the itemized breakdown

What itemized breakdown are you talking about?  Is this on your invoice or something you saw on Princess.com. The itemized data list on the princess site always lists the full price of all the benefits had you NOT gotten the plus.  It is not what you actually paid.  Is this what you mean?

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

Plus should price at $60/day per person. If you added after initially booking standard, and have Princess insurance, then the price increase takes into account your total fare has increased, but still the amount seems off. Usually increased insurance is about another 9%. Plus package is considered part of cruise fare. Price your cruise using standard fare, add $60/day for plus then taxes and your total should be this, unless you also have Princess insurance which will be a percentage of the total cruisefare including the plus package.

Edited by wallyj
  • Like 1

Also, did you purchase the Plus Cruise Package or the Plus Beverage Package?  Believe it or not, the Beverage Package costs more than the Cruise Package.

I really hate it when they use the same (or similar) name for 2 different things.

• Like 1

<< What itemized breakdown are you talking about?  Is this on your invoice or something you saw on Princess.com. The itemized data list on the princess site always lists the full price of all the benefits had you NOT gotten the plus.  It is not what you actually paid.  Is this what you mean?>>

. . . Thanks for this. It is likely the correct explanation, but it sure didn't seem clear to me. The invoice after payment shows no breakdown of individual charges.

4 minutes ago, hop2it said:

. . . Thanks for this. It is likely the correct explanation, but it sure didn't seem clear to me. The invoice after payment shows no breakdown of individual charges.

The reason the invoice doesn't show a breakdown is that the Plus or Premier fare is a different fare booking code. The cost of Plus or Premier is considered part of the cruise fare - not an add-on like a beverage package or an excursion. This means it is subject to the same cancellation penalties as the rest of the cruise fare, unlike packages that are fully refundable prior to the cruise; and, therefore, its cost is included in cruise insurance.

People generally point out the negative that the insurance cost is increased to include the additional fare, but sometimes that can be a positive. DW and I were isolated for COVID for three days on a twelve-day cruise last year (one fourth of the cruise). We received a cash refund of one fourth of the cruise fare (including the cost of Premier) from the insurance for the days in isolation, even though I was ordering alcoholic drinks through OceanNow to my cabin while isolated.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NavyVeteran said:

The reason the invoice doesn't show a breakdown is that the Plus or Premier fare is a different fare booking code. The cost of Plus or Premier is considered part of the cruise fare - not an add-on like a beverage package or an excursion. This means it is subject to the same cancellation penalties as the rest of the cruise fare, unlike packages that are fully refundable prior to the cruise; and, therefore, its cost is included in cruise insurance.

People generally point out the negative that the insurance cost is increased to include the additional fare, but sometimes that can be a positive. DW and I were isolated for COVID for three days on a twelve-day cruise last year (one fourth of the cruise). We received a cash refund of one fourth of the cruise fare (including the cost of Premier) from the insurance for the days in isolation, even though I was ordering alcoholic drinks through OceanNow to my cabin while isolated.

And you had every episode of the Love Boat as well...Oh that's why you were drinking🤪

• Haha 1