Sensation 3/27 Change

CruiseHealing

I just looked at my fax machine and found a letter sent around 7:00 pm, 3/24 from Carnival. According to the letter, the Sensation is havng "a minor problem with the propulsion system". This has resulted in the cruise schedule being changed to:

Mon Port Canaveral Leaving 4:00 pm

Tue Day at Sea

Wed Half Moon Cay arrives at 7:00 am; departs at 7:00 pm

Thur Nassua arrives at 8:00 am; departs at 8:00 pm

Fri Freeport (not Grand Turk) arrives at 8:00 am; departs 5:00 pm

Sat Port Canaveral arrives 8:00.

This takes a lot of wind out of my sails. Grand Turk was the place we were looking forward to. Plus I would have rather had the day at sea on Friday.

Do you think we will get a refund for missed excursions? We visited Freeport last year and were not impressed. I did hear they are filming Pirates of the Carribbean there. Might be nice side trip to go see the pirate ship.

If you booked through Carnival, I am sure you will get your money back. However, if it is a third party, you will probably have a little work to do. Of course since you used a credit card you can always dispute the charge. I have no desire for Freeport. They should have chosen Key West.

I never understood why they choose Freeport as a destination at all. Key West would have been a FUN change. We were not really planning on doing anything in Nassau, now we have 2 days of 'no port plans'. Oh well, just means more lounging by the pool right:D ! BTW I did not get any notice about the change. Guess it takes them a while to tell everyone.

CruiseHealing, sorry you are going to miss Grand Turk. That is also one of the main reasons we booked this itinerary. Thanks for letting us know what's goind on with your cruise. Hope it's a good one even without Grand Turk.

Yeah, once you've been to Freeport, sure NEVER have to go there again! Actually shouldn't have to go there in the FIRST place!

Well, I'm pretty sure they should have it fixed by May 13th. I mean that was also my MAIN reason for booking this cruise. What a bummer for those people! Although maybe they don't care. I guess one lesson learned. Don't book the first cruise after a refurbishing and dry dock! :confused:

Shoot! I booked this ship ONLY for Grand Turk. We have been to the Bahamas and if Grand turk had not been on the scheduled, we would not have chosen this cruise.:(

We leave May 8th. Hopefully all will be resolved by then.

Although maybe they don't care. I guess one lesson learned. Don't book the first cruise after a refurbishing and dry dock! :confused:

In fact we do care. This is a very big disappointment. Don't be so flip about it. What goes around can come around.

And a second thing. This is the second cruise after the refurbishment and dry dock. Maybe you should know your facts before typing a response. I sailed the second cruise after the last refurbishment of the Soverign of the Seas. The first cruise had problems, but ours went extremely well.

I would prefer to go soon after a refurbishment because after a while the ship looks like it never went to dry dock. That is the same with a new ship. After the first year they begin to show wear and tear. The industry likes to call them new ships, but after a year are they really?

Finally, things happen. On any given day a problem on a ship or plane can cause delays and cancelations. Look at the Destiny last week, what about the Star Princess two days ago. These are how things go. Am I disappointed? Sure, but I won't let it own me. Freeport would not be my choice, it is what you make of it. I have travelled all over the world and these disappointments are more common than one would think. Make the best of it, because you have been blessed to have the opportunity while many others will never have the chance. I look forward to our cruise, even with this change. Of course this gives me another reason to cruise to Grand Turk.

In fact we do care. This is a very big disappointment. Don't be so flip about it. What goes around can come around.

And a second thing. This is the second cruise after the refurbishment and dry dock. Maybe you should know your facts before typing a response. I sailed the second cruise after the last refurbishment of the Soverign of the Seas. The first cruise had problems, but ours went extremely well.

I would prefer to go soon after a refurbishment because after a while the ship looks like it never went to dry dock. That is the same with a new ship. After the first year they begin to show wear and tear. The industry likes to call them new ships, but after a year are they really?

Finally, things happen. On any given day a problem on a ship or plane can cause delays and cancelations. Look at the Destiny last week, what about the Star Princess two days ago. These are how things go. Am I disappointed? Sure, but I won't let it own me. Freeport would not be my choice, it is what you make of it. I have travelled all over the world and these disappointments are more common than one would think. Make the best of it, because you have been blessed to have the opportunity while many others will never have the chance. I look forward to our cruise, even with this change. Of course this gives me another reason to cruise to Grand Turk.

GEEZ you really NEED this cruise, and to take a chill pill! Didn't think I was being FLIP. Felt BAD for the people to miss Grand Turks maybe you should READ my whole response!

Let me quote you "What a bummer for those people! Although maybe they don't care." What would make you think that passengers on this cruise would not care to go to Grand Turk. Let see? This is the first Carnival ship to go to the new Grand Turk Cruise Center. That would be something to look forward to. Having Grand Turk added to an intinery, instead of the same old ports, that would be something to look forward to. To further quote you, "I mean that was also my MAIN reason for booking this cruise." So unless you think you can come up on this unique thought by yourself, many people including myself chose this cruise because of Grand Turk.

Now, with respect to me needing a cruise. My comments were driven by your thoughtless comments. You should engage your brain befor typing. I do not need a chill pill. I live on a tropical island in Florida, I am so relaxed I actually feel guilty sometimes when I hear people talk about their complicated lives. I live in Florida because I enjoy life and cruise because when you live in "Vacation Land" you have to work real hard to entertain yourself. So no thanks I don't need a chill pill.

And one more thing, I did read your whole post, it contained approximately 75 words and added very limited value to the thread. I did not start this thread for sympathy, but to inform other cruisers of the change. Talking to my friends that work for Carnival, this change has not been broadcasted and passengers will be informed when they get the terminal. I expect to see a lot of disappointed people that day. But that is the way it goes. I guess I will just have to book another cruise out of Vacation Land.

I didn't take the time to COUNT how many words you wrote, but YES every single word you type is very helpful and well thought out.

There hope that helps your over inflated ego. I was under the impression this was just a fun and helpful board.

You really are full of yourself.

Do you think we will get a refund for missed excursions? We visited Freeport last year and were not impressed. I did hear they are filming Pirates of the Carribbean there. Might be nice side trip to go see the pirate ship.

We missed Grand Cayman in December. Our excursion was never charged to us.

You are right I do think things through before I type and submit my comments. Unlike other bloggers. I do not have an over inflated ego, I am very humble. I truly appreciate those things I have been blessed with. But I do know how to write and edit. Some of my many gifts God has blessed me with. I use this ability to share information with others.

If you want to end this that is fine with me, just apologize for your insenitive comments. And also read what you write and analyze what other people will think after reading your comments. The submit button is a very powerful tool. Use it when you are sure.

One other gift I have been blessed with is my ability to debate. I rarely use it, but when I do I enjoy doing it. So, the ball is in your court, do want to continue?

I called Carnival today, at first they said they had not heard anything, but upon further search they did find the change in ports. They were very interested to know how I found out (as if I would tell;)). Why would they keep it a secret? I'd much rather know in advance, so by the time I board I'm almost cool with it. Thanks for letting us know CruiseHealing, there will be a lot of upset people on the boat! Unfortunately the Pirates of the Carribbean wrapped a few weeks ago. I wonder if there is enough time to visit another island?

Since most of us going on this particular itinerary are doing it for Grand Turk Island, I am surprised that Carnival didn't eliminate the stop in Nassau, and just do HMC and Grand Turk Island. I don't imagine anyone would be terribly upset about missing Nassau.....:confused:

If they are having trouble with propulsion then distance would be an issue. Grand Turk is the south-most port. I am glad they did not eliminate Half Moon Cay as well! I guess the problem is not easily fixed and they are waiting for a part.

And that "part" is probably in Freeport since that is where many cruise ships go for repair or dry dock. The real question is: Is it a propulsion issue, or is it related to the CG inspection on Thursday, and they have a couple of weeks to permanently fix the problem. If that is the case then we are the ones that pay for their failure on their 6 month inspection. We will never know what the truth is. So let's enjoy the cruise. It will be better than any of our normal days.

Archived