Ferry to Procida

demmy10

Having been to Naples several times and been to Amalfi, Pompeii, Sorrento and Capri we thought we would go to Procida on our next visit to Naples, in June.   Although I’m sure we took the hydrofoil to Capri and it was okay, from what I’ve read the hydrofoil to Procida can be a rough crossing.   One of our party would definitely feel ill if this was the case and we thought we might try the car ferry instead.    Has anyone done this crossing on the car ferry and if so can you walk to the port it leaves from and was the journey okay.    And other info would be appreciated.  Thanks.

I've not taken the slow ferries but I can tell you how to find them.

All of the slow crossings depart from Calata Porta di Massa, about a half mile on foot from the cruise port.

The slow crossings are all run by Caremar and take one hour (the fast crossings take 35 minutes).

You can find the schedule for your date here:  CAREMAR | Traghetti per Capri da Napoli, Traghetti e Aliscafi Napoli-Capri

9 hours ago, euro cruiser said:

I've not taken the slow ferries but I can tell you how to find them.

All of the slow crossings depart from Calata Porta di Massa, about a half mile on foot from the cruise port.

The slow crossings are all run by Caremar and take one hour (the fast crossings take 35 minutes).

You can find the schedule for your date here:  CAREMAR | Traghetti per Capri da Napoli, Traghetti e Aliscafi Napoli-Capri

Thank you for the reply & info