Ideas for Montpellier and Collioure

mlmdaisy

We will be on an Atlas itinerary in May that has full days at these two ports.  I'm trying to figure out where we can tour independently and for which ports (four in Spain, too) and for which we should take a ship excursion.

Does anyone have specific ideas for Montpellier and Collioure?  I can see what the highlights are by studying the Atlas brochure, but we need to choose attractions that are easy to get to by taxi, and more importantly, back to the port the same way.

Thanks!

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, mlmdaisy said:

We will be on an Atlas itinerary in May that has full days at these two ports. 

Are you on a Canal du Midi itinerary?

Edited by edinburgher

5 hours ago, mlmdaisy said:

We will be on an Atlas itinerary in May that has full days at these two ports.  I'm trying to figure out where we can tour independently and for which ports (four in Spain, too) and for which we should take a ship excursion.

Does anyone have specific ideas for Montpellier and Collioure?  I can see what the highlights are by studying the Atlas brochure, but we need to choose attractions that are easy to get to by taxi, and more importantly, back to the port the same way.

Thanks!

Collioure is charming and small.  You can just wander around on your own.  Montpellier is a big city and the port is away from the center.  You would do well to sign up for a walking tour of Montpellier through your ship. Lots to see there.

• Like 1

We found Montpelier to be a lovely city,  Collioure is much smaller, more of a pretty fishing village.  Lovely wine in the region as well,  nearby Banyuls sur Mer is also a lovely spot, famous for the Banyuls wine,  think a dessert wine or aperitif.