Public Transit Strikes in Italy - website

Alatraveler1

While I'm not sure all encompassing, and additional actions may happen without much advance notice, this Italy MIT website lists scheduled transit strikes.  They are listed as national, regional or local and give dates and times of strikes.  Also indicated is the mode(s) of transport affected.  Again, while not an absolute list of all strikes that may happen during a visit, it might be useful to know those scheduled in advance to help in planning your visits to Rome.  I'm hopeful cruisemom42 will post here with her wealth of knowledge of how useful this site is and any other information that might help when dealing with strikes (sciopero). 

22 minutes ago, Alatraveler1 said:

While I'm not sure all encompassing, and additional actions may happen without much advance notice, this Italy MIT website lists scheduled transit strikes.  They are listed as national, regional or local and give dates and times of strikes.  Also indicated is the mode(s) of transport affected.  Again, while not an absolute list of all strikes that may happen during a visit, it might be useful to know those scheduled in advance to help in planning your visits to Rome.  I'm hopeful cruisemom42 will post here with her wealth of knowledge of how useful this site is and any other information that might help when dealing with strikes (sciopero). 

You did not post a website.  The official government website listing the scheduled strikes is:

https://www.commissionegaranziasciopero.it/calendario-scioperi

sciopero=strike

Years ago the Italian government and the labor unions reached an agreement to allow strikes provided they are scheduled and that negotiations are conducted prior to the date.  All strikes must be scheduled at least several weeks ahead of time.  Wildcat strikes are a thing of the distant past although small actions in response to a local incident do occur from time to time.

there is a lot of info here:

• Like 1

It's just two ways to get to the same information.  The Cgsse (commissione garanzia sciopero) site casts a wider net and lists strikes in all sectors, while the ministry of transport only shows transportation strikes.

• Like 2