Any classical music on Holland America Rotterdam?

cdales

After a disastrous 3 week Hawaiian Holland America cruise last April (we spent almost 2 weeks confined to quarters with Covid), we're tentatively booked on a HAL transatlantic sailing in October. If you traveled on the Rotterdam recently, would you share your experience with on board entertainment? In the wake of the demise of the wonderful Lincoln Center program, I'm especially interested in knowing whether any classical music has found its way back onto the ship. 

• Like 1

I am currently on the Oosterdam TA and they debuted classical music in the form of the Chordial Chamber Trio. 

I found them to be quite good. Over the 2 week trip they performed two Matinees and two main stage shows. I think this is how they are bringing classical music back after the contract with LCS ended. 

Posted (edited)

The entertainment for the Rotterdam will be different for the European season. We had Island Magic over Easter. They were excellent, but they're done now until the Caribbean season starts in the fall.

This page should answer your questions.

https://www.hollandamerica.com/en/us/news/2024/April/news-041124-holland-america-line-announces-new-entertainment-lineup-fleetwide

Edited by POA1
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Chordial played classical music, for ~30 minutes, on the Rotterdam World Stage on 23 April and will return every 3 days. Good music, well practiced, interesting transcriptions to piano trio. Success!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

We just got off Rotterdam today following our transatlantic crossing to Rotterdam from Fort Lauderdale. As @SeeSun&Sea mentioned above, Chordial Chamber Trio was onboard and they were great.

HAL really stepped up the entertainment on this trip. It appears they are listening to guest feedback and working hard to deliver a better experience (one that was more in line with the pre-Covid experience.)

I was quite pleased. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1