Celebrity vs Princess

swjumbo

On 5/4/2024 at 10:57 AM, Eno said:

Didn't hate the breakfast and lunch buffet just didn't compare to Celebrity.  Breakfast had the standard scrambled eggs, sausage, bacon, fruit...etc.  Only put out a few pancakes or waffles and was always told to come back.  Lunch had fish and chips daily (we sailed out of Southampton) did have some things change like roast pork or beef.  It was just Ok.  Did like that we could go to Alfredo's for lunch but it did get busy later in the cruise but if you expected to wait 1 hour it was still good. 

We have been on over 15 Princess cruises and breakfast buffet always has eggs made any way you want them, omlette station and usually eggs Benedict, Royal class ships have the best buffets.

17 minutes ago, ScottC4746 said:

When we did the Solstice in Alaska in September 2022 we had kids but nothing like RCCL running all over the place like they owned the ship, then again school had just started back so no school holidays.  We ALWAYS avoid spring break if we can.

The problem is that there is no set time for spring break.  Many districts in the Northeast usually have it the week before or after Easter, while other districts in other areas of the country have it a set week like the second week of March.

We used to always cruise around Labor Day, but even with many districts already back at school, today's parents think nothing of taking their precious darlings out of school for a week.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Kineticoh20 said:

Royal class ships have the best buffets.

This is where I would give the nod to Celebrity.  Their newer ships even had a Benedict station, where it was made in front of you in traditional, salmon or spinach varieties.

Found the buffet very limited on the sky. Not blaming the staff but they seemed over worked. Many stations had no one there - maybe that is were the omelettes or eggs cooked to order would have been. Told to come back in  15 mins if I wanted pancakes so I took a waffle but had to ask for it. We weren’t there first thing or at closing. I did find things to eat …. Just not great not bad just meh…. Bright side bar drinks much more choice on Princess so was happy.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The fact that Princess allows smoking inside their ships means we will not sail with them. We have tried Azamara and RCCL and Norwegian but find that X is a better fit for us.

11 minutes ago, swigso said:

The fact that Princess allows smoking inside their ships means we will not sail with them. We have tried Azamara and RCCL and Norwegian but find that X is a better fit for us.

To me, the prohibition of indoor smoking is the one thing that truly sets Celebrity apart from other similar lines like Norwegian, Royal Caribbean, Princess and Carnival. It’s unbelievable to me that they all allow smoking indoors.

• Like 4

On 4/27/2024 at 7:55 PM, Stateroom_Sailor said:

I just booked Princess over Celebrity, though it was a close call as far as itinerary and price.  It came down to the most recent reviews from both lines, and a comparison of the breakfast buffet.  That's not going represent all dining venues of course, but I found the difference significant enough.  Celebrity had the edge of us preferring their decor and being a day longer, but we also didn't enjoy our last sailing with a lukewarm temp buffet, and an extreme shortage of vegetables throughout the ship.

I see congee with toppings on Princess.  How about celebrity?  It would be nice to have for a change some mornings. 

3 hours ago, rinshin said:

I see congee with toppings on Princess.  How about celebrity?  It would be nice to have for a change some mornings. 

They had muesli on Celebrity, at least in the Blu restaurant in 2018.  Holland America has congee in the MDR, along with a Japanese and Indian breakfast.