Recent Experiences - Buenos Aires port to AEP

Sea42

Can someone who has recently done the trip, with the current port set up, tell me how long it took to get from your ship to AEP for a flight to Iguazu Falls. Trying to figure out what flight time is reasonable.

Thank you!

The cruise port "Terminal de Cruceros" and AEP are about as close as close gets with airports. It's 7 km and 17 minutes. The taxi driver at the port will ask for $20 USD. That is the rate for gringos. A local would probably pay $2. The person who helps you with your luggage (without asking) will ask for a tip. USD cash is highly desired in Argentina. Bring lots of US $5 notes. See my posts on Argentina currency:

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2984773-my-advice-dont-use-argentina-currency/

Screenshot2024-04-18063417.thumb.png.495e671510ddab304b5c58d97be7a1c0.png

Note that I normally advise using Uber in Argentina. Ubers are fast and plentiful in B.A. Uber will keep you from paying the gringo rip-off rate. But there are lots of taxis at the cruise port. Your vacation time is valuable, so I'd just go with the taxi at the cruise port.

Iguazu was great! We spent two days there before returning to Buenos Aries. Have a great trip.

• Like 1

Thanks @Mercruiser, for the information! I didn't realize how close that airport was to the port.I was expecting it to be further from the city. I did see your currency thread and appreciate that information also.

Our ship will be in port for the final 2 days of our cruise. We will leave the ship on the first day and not return to the ship. We've contact HAL about this. I do know there has been a change in the process for embarkation and disembarkation due to storm damage at the port. I think I will plan for an afternoon flight just to give us enough cushion to plan for unforeseen issues.

• Like 1