Is there a live Rock band on Meraviglia

Rfemle

I have cruised on Mera twice now, and going again next month, is there a live rock band anywhere on the ship?  I know and have been to the carousel shows, not the same.  I am looking for something like NCL Syd Normans and RCCL club "not sure what name is right now".  I do love that ability to watch live, not recorded rock bands and look forward to it.  I just have not seen it on MSC yet, maybe I am just missing it.  I know they have various artists around ship, but have not seen a rock band, maybe other cruisers may know and point me in the correct location..  Thanks.

No rock band, no true band in the sense of anything more than a keyboard, guitar, and maybe a small drum set. I think sometimes the bass guitar is even recorded. I miss the show band, now everything is a track on an iPad. 

Not really. There is a band called "something or other Soul Band" that may have some light rock in their repertoire, but I wouldn't call them a Rock Band. They mainly play in the Meraviglia Lounge or whatever the name of the bar close to the main theatre is, but also played one of the night parties in the promenade and one night at the lido pool.

There is also a South African gent (I think his name was Mark?) and a Brazilian fellow (forgot his name) that play guitar and have some classic rock songs in their playlist. Mostly seen them playing in Brass Anchor or the atrium. Mark (hopefully not messing up his name) also plays prior to some of the shows in the carousel theatre.

Thanks all. Did not think so was worth a shot. Maybe some day they will have a rock band. I have to more cruises on her, then not sure of which cruise next. Maybe I will have to do an NCL monsters of rock cruise. 

32 minutes ago, Rfemle said:

Thanks all. Did not think so was worth a shot. Maybe some day they will have a rock band. I have to more cruises on her, then not sure of which cruise next. Maybe I will have to do an NCL monsters of rock cruise. 

I've only done MSC, Princess and HAL. Many of the HAL ships have a "Rolling Stone Rock Room" with a live rock band performing most nights (5 out of 7 on my recent cruise). That being said, I did not think the band on the Rotterdam was all that good which was disappointing because I love live rock music.

9 hours ago, KINGBOBOFTHENORTH said:

I've never seen any bands per se on MSC cruises. When you can pay 1-2 DJ's to play, no need to pay (typical) a 4 person live band.

I have definitely seen full bands on my MSC sailings.

This band played a lot on my February Divina sailing, including a lot of rock. They were great!

PXL_20240221_212736646.thumb.jpg.c4dfcc68566f78fd48b0a062646bcffc.jpg

PXL_20240220_030548952.thumb.jpg.eae591e089ca3274cc1aa1c24d407439.jpg

PXL_20240214_010852219.thumb.jpg.e1661fabd44a495def9a9f861ffb903d.jpg

This band was on my Meraviglia sailings last April... sorry I don't have a better photo, but there is a drumkit with a drummer back there. You can kind of see the left half of his shirt/shoulder, but his head is behind the iPad.

PXL_20230416_225845022.thumb.jpg.620e0e063be2a18eb37ad52f2b77f859.jpg

Edited by JamieLogical
  • Like 1