Seabourn Alaska Fishing Excursions

Has anyone done any of Seabourn's fishing excursions, particularly in Ketchikan. There are so many options, I'd be pleased to learn about people's experiences. Would you do it again? Did the boat have a head? Did you catch anything?

Many thanks,

notjaded

Notjaded, not a fishing trip as such but when we visited Ketchikan as part of the Kobe to Vancouver cruise in 2019 my husband went on The Deadliest Catch crab tour. He had a wonderful time. The excursion was very well run and they were lucky enough to see lots of other marine life. Not being crabby, I went to a totem pole museum and it was fascinating.

Will you be stopping at Prince Rupert?

When we did two weeks in Alaska in 2018 we did several fishing excursions. Boats were small and I don't recall a head but can't be sure. It was a great time and both my wife and son caught halibut that we shipped home. We were signed up for salmon fishing as well but the salmon runs were poor that year so those were cancelled. 

My experience is that oft times, the fishing excursions do not go out as not enough folks sign-up (I will say this was on fly fishing excursions). In Ketchikan, when on Celebrity, I use to walk into town and their was a Kiosk that rented a 10' spinning rod and lures. I went down to the Marina and caught 3 salmon in the 15-20 pound range - released them all. It was only later than I learned from a crew member on the tender that you could take it back to the ship and the chef would prepare it fresh for the table. Last time in Ketchikan, pre-pandemic, I did not see the Kiosk. Good luck.