Suggestions for Rhodes, Greece

We will be sailing on Royal Caribbean and currently have booked an excursion that will take us over to Lindos. It shows that it's about a 5 hour tour. Now my question is, they just released more excursions and another one is catching my eye. It's a kayaking excursion, but for almost 7 hours we will be kayaking around Rhodes coastline. We have a couple of stops that include, Aegean Sea and Kokkini Ammos. This will be our first time in Rhodes, so is it better to stay on land and experience Rhodes or experience Rhodes by kayak?? Thank you for the help!!

Between those 2 choice, stay on land, but for first time in Rhodes, I would not spend time traveling for an excursion.  The old town is a 5 minute walk from the ships and has great sites to explore right there.

Lindos, though lovely is an overpacked zoo when ships are in port and the traffic getting in and out can be a mess

I went to Rhodes on a RC cruise summer 2022 and from what I recall, there's definitely more "on land" shore excursions - besides Lindos, there's a walking tour of the City and the Grand Master's palace as well as a beach club at Faliraki beach. 

There's much to see on Rhodes Old Town and it's only about 10 minutes walk from the cruise pier, making it quite easy for independent exploration. The main bus terminals are also on Averof St. in Old Town, making it easy to do a DIY trip to both Lindos, Faliraki Beach and Kallithea Springs. If you're interested in my DIY trip, here's the link to my blog. 

https://diycruiseports.com/diy-port-guides/diy-rhodes-shore-excursions-your-perfect-day-on-this-greek-island-paradise

7 hours kayaking, even with stops, sound a bit intense! 😅

• Like 1