Live from the Jewel April 29-May 13, 2024: will definitely contain sarcasm and grumpiness

Hello,  Thank you so much for all of your reviews, postings, advice and fun.  I have a question about the Icy Strait Point Gondola that takes you from the Wilderness Dock to the area near the Adventure Center.    Will we get something on board that needs to be exchanged for a ticket?  If so, is there some place that will be quicker to exchange it.  I am planning independent excursions here and need to be able to get to the Excursion Hub and back reasonably quickly.   I think that we will be docked at the Wilderness Dock according to NCL.  Thanks for any advice.  

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Thanks for the great review, despite not so great experiences.

Wife and I are boarding the Jewel on Monday. She was our first cruise back when the Jewel was shiny new in 2005. I'm hoping that the issues are getting better rather than worse.

If you're on the ship next week, we'll hope to meet you. If not, safe travels, calm seas, and a following breeze!

• Like 1

Yes, I’ll be on the Jewel from Aug 19-Sept 2.

My plan for managing NCL’s poor quality food is to eat ashore. My dad is really looking forward to this cruise! When we went out for brunch last week I was reminding him of all the excursions we have booked and talking about pubs to visit. I also mentioned that I was going to buy more truffles in Juneau.

Dad said, “you can have the truffles. I’m going to have a beer!”

Devil’s Club Brewing, see you soon!

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, troyphoto said:

Thanks for the great review, despite not so great experiences.

Wife and I are boarding the Jewel on Monday. She was our first cruise back when the Jewel was shiny new in 2005. I'm hoping that the issues are getting better rather than worse.

If you're on the ship next week, we'll hope to meet you. If not, safe travels, calm seas, and a following breeze!

Are you in Vancouver now or when do you arrive?

13 minutes ago, YVRteacher said:

Yes, I’ll be on the Jewel from Aug 19-Sept 2.

My plan for managing NCL’s poor quality food is to eat ashore. My dad is really looking forward to this cruise! When we went out for brunch last week I was reminding him of all the excursions we have booked and talking about pubs to visit. I also mentioned that I was going to buy more truffles in Juneau.

Dad said, “you can have the truffles. I’m going to have a beer!”

Devil’s Club Brewing, see you soon!

Yvonne, here’s hoping you give us even a small report!  You’re a wonderful writer!  Hoping you’re resting after the Land of Princesses and hearing up for NCL in AK!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

As far as I know, both Executive Chef Peter D Costa and F&B Tyson Pinto will be on your sailings.

According to my information, there will be a different CruiseNext Manager.

I pray that you cruises go well for both you and Dad.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, YVRteacher said:

Are you in Vancouver now or when do you arrive?

12:30 BC time Sunday (today). We're meeting up with our travel buddies then.

FYI I'm an indie author of magical cozy mysteries. I've tossed a couple of my books in the suitcase for you. We'll have to connect onboard. And yes, Whiskey/Whisky! We'll probably connect at Maltings

Edited by troyphoto
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, YVRteacher said:

I wasn’t going to do a live but now I can’t imagine going on a cruise and not writing!

Good. If you do one, I won't have to. 😃

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 8/17/2024 at 10:45 PM, www3traveler said:

As far as I know, both Executive Chef Peter D Costa and F&B Tyson Pinto will be on your sailings.

I pray that you cruises go well for both you and Dad.

Chef Peter Costa is my all time favorite - we have sailed with him multiple times, especially when he was on the Dawn.  Very personable and accommodating!