Book in a different country site?

Itaybre

Hi,

I have never been to a cruise so I am inexperienced here, but I have already decided on the dates for the cruise.
But when I try to buy it from the local MSC site, they are enforcing travel insurance and not the best payment methods.

I have checked out other sites, and such insurance is optional and since I already got one for my trip, I don't event want theirs. Is there any issue if I book through other MSC site?

You won't be able to book from say, the Italian, site because the country code will autopopulate as Italy. Same with the other sites.  Call a travel agent to help you.  The insurance should be optional.

3 minutes ago, Morgsmom said:

You won't be able to book from say, the Italian, site because the country code will autopopulate as Italy. Same with the other sites.  Call a travel agent to help you.  The insurance should be optional.

Unfortunately neither the website nor the official phone number allow me to remove the travel insurance.

And regarding the phone number, I saw the country code auto populates but you can change it. What I wasn't able to change was the Country of Residence.

1 hour ago, Itaybre said:

Hi,

I have never been to a cruise so I am inexperienced here, but I have already decided on the dates for the cruise.
But when I try to buy it from the local MSC site, they are enforcing travel insurance and not the best payment methods.

I have checked out other sites, and such insurance is optional and since I already got one for my trip, I don't event want theirs. Is there any issue if I book through other MSC site?

Hi

I would call to a travel agent and would compare prices and extras

Maybe it ... doesn't have extras and price is better too

2 hours ago, Itaybre said:

Hi,

We are English but booked through an American travel agents site, once booked we could add excursions etc through MSC's US website

2 hours ago, mcoler181 said:

We are English but booked through an American travel agents site, once booked we could add excursions etc through MSC's US website

Good to know there is no issues doing that.
I was worried they could cancel your booking

18 hours ago, Itaybre said:

There are some issues that can pop up and probably will do. Note that you give up all your local travellers rights if you book not in your home country. Anyway, I think Uruguay does not have a local website anyway. Probably the Spanish MSC website is your best choice to avoid any hidden fees, disappointments and so on. 

• Like 1

British family living in Switzerland here. We always book through UK travel agents as the prices are lower and agents can offer 10+% discounts over MSC website. We do have a UK address, bank account and credit cards etc… Never been an issue so far!

Up until recently I always booked through other countries, mostly booked in USA and live in UK. Normally put my address as the travel agents office and never been asked a question about it.