Azamara, Venice Pick Up

Pride In Battle

Hi

My first post so please be gentle:)

My wife and I are on the Amazara Pursuit, leaving Venice on the 19th of June, has anyone any experienced departure from here as it seems a bit of a minefield and the Azamara reps are a bit vague when speaking to them, thanks in advance.

1 hour ago, Pride In Battle said:

Hi

My wife and I are on the Amazara Pursuit, leaving Venice on the 19th of June, has anyone any experienced departure from here as it seems a bit of a minefield and the Azamara reps are a bit vague when speaking to them, thanks in advance.

We have experienced this twice. You checkin at Maritimma and are then taken by coach to Fusina to board the ship. You are formally checked in there onboard the ship- photo taken and passport scanned etc.  Not sure of procedure if ship leaves from Choggia. The coach journey to Fusina is about 40 minutes.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Pride In Battle said:

Hi

Welcome to the board. Some new posters here get less-than-kind responses when new posters ask questions that could easily be answered by looking at the Azamara website. You've asked the kind of question that should get you the help you need from board members.

Fear not. You're among friends.

• Like 5

22 minutes ago, tgg said:

Welcome to the board. Some new posters here get less-than-kind responses when new posters ask questions that could easily be answered by looking at the Azamara website. You've asked the kind of question that should get you the help you need from board members.

Thank you

The People Mover is an elevated rail link connecting the Piazzalle Roma (not far from the railway station) with the car park at Tronchetto Island, making a stop at the old cruise terminal.

Do you check in at the cruise terminal or at Chioggia itself?

We end a cruise in Chioggia in July and plan to take public transport from there to the city for a couple of nights. There is a combination of bus and ferry which could take you all the way to Chioggia. Depending on where you are staying and how easy it is to move about with your luggage, this might be more enjoyable, if not necessarily so convenient or speedy.

There is a map at https://muoversi.venezia.it/sites/default/files/mappa_linee_di_navigazione _13_09_2021web.pdf which shows most of the ferry routes. The link to Chioggia is shown at the bottom right of this map, with the People Mover towards the left of the map.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, tgg said:

Well said!

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Belfastman said:

We have experienced this twice. You checkin at Maritimma and are then taken by coach to Fusina to board the ship. You are formally checked in there onboard the ship- photo taken and passport scanned etc.  Not sure of procedure if ship leaves from Choggia. The coach journey to Fusina is about 40 minutes.

A bonus of the shuttle transfer from Maritimma is that you pass by the Italian shipyard Fincantieri on the mainland side of the lagoon when you come across the bridge from Venice that is busy building the next generation of cruise ships.  Queen Anne was under construction when we went past last August.

We are due to set sale out of Chioggia on May 12.  There is an option of getting a transfer to the port.  Check to see if this is available for your cruise.  My understanding is that we go to the train station and the transfer bus will be there.  But, I will definitely know more in a couple of weeks!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

9 hours ago, jayne hoffman said:

We are due to set sale out of Chioggia on May 12.  There is an option of getting a transfer to the port.  Check to see if this is available for your cruise.  My understanding is that we go to the train station and the transfer bus will be there.  But, I will definitely know more in a couple of weeks!

That's great, thank you

21 hours ago, jayne hoffman said:

It would be great if you could update us after your trip. We are also considering booking the Azamara transfer to Chioggia and having more info would be helpful ( i.e. what time do you have to be at the station, how long does the transfer take etc).

Hope you have a wonderful cruise!!

• Like 2

I’ll try to post about our experience embarking from Chioggia on May 12.  We sail from there to Barcelona.  We embark again from Barcelona on May 28.  If the wifi is good, I will post.   

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2