Viking Octantis deck plan question

kahuna21

The entry to cabin 4029 on Viking Octantis (same on Polaris I believe) is directly across from stairwells. Are the stairwells open to 4029, or is there a wall facing the 4929 entry, with access to the stairs down the hall by the elevators? Thanks!

Posted (edited)

It is an opening to the stairwells, no wall there.

We stayed on Deck 4 aft. Often I would exit the elevator, go straight into this area then veer into the hallway through the opening. I would do the opposite going to the elevator or staircase.

On the deck plan diagram, if you erase the thin black line in front of 4028/4029, that is what the floor plan really looks like. 

Edited by OneSixtyToOne

21 minutes ago, OneSixtyToOne said:

It is an opening to the stairwells, no wall there.

We stayed on Deck 4 aft. Often I would exit the elevator, go straight into this area then veer into the hallway through the opening. I would do the opposite going to the elevator or staircase.

On the deck plan diagram, if you erase the thin black line in front of 4028/4029, that is what the floor plan really looks like. 

Also the area between 4024/4026 and opposite is a quite little sitting area. IMG_4651.thumb.jpeg.5f3ce5e9ff1e75af143fe68acfd1ac51.jpeg

• Like 1

2 hours ago, OneSixtyToOne said:

Also the area between 4024/4026 and opposite is a quite little sitting area. IMG_4651.thumb.jpeg.5f3ce5e9ff1e75af143fe68acfd1ac51.jpeg

Is there a similar sitting are between 4025 and 4027?

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, kahuna21 said:

Is there a similar sitting are between 4025 and 4027?

Yes, both port and starboard sides.

Also the far port and starboard elevators are the only ones going to deck 6. There are also two out of the way elevators, one fore and aft. Fore is by the Explorer’s Lounge and will take you to The Hide. Aft will take you to the back of the World Cafe and down to the theater.

i love this ship. Walking around is like an expedition in itself.

Edited by OneSixtyToOne
  • Like 3

6 hours ago, OneSixtyToOne said:

Yes, both port and starboard sides.

Also the far port and starboard elevators are the only ones going to deck 6. There are also two out of the way elevators, one fore and aft. Fore is by the Explorer’s Lounge and will take you to The Hide. Aft will take you to the back of the World Cafe and down to the theater.

i love this ship. Walking around is like an expedition in itself.

Thanks for that info. Another question. Between 4042 and 4044, and also 4043 and 4045, there are stairs. Are these stair corridors open to the hall, and for guest use? Or are they blocked by a wall, for crew use?

20 hours ago, OneSixtyToOne said:

Wow, never knew that existed... And then I realized I never really went to the fourth floor.

• Haha 1