How to delete account

On 4/26/2024 at 2:14 AM, Boku said:

How do I delete my forum account.

Thanks

@Boku

You don't. Just do not post on our boards again.

Note the following from the Removal of Topics/Posts section in the Guidelines we all agreed to follow when registering for our free memberships:

Question:  I no longer wish to be a member; why won't you remove all my posts!?   Answer: When you became a member you granted Cruise Critic the right to use what you post. Your posts are not stand-alone; they are part of a conversation or discussion and removing them would not be fair to other members. By registering and posting on our site, you have made a conscious decision to participate. We do not offer removal of posts from our forums.

Please remember to unsubscribe from Notifications on any threads or forums you have Followed in the past. Click here for directions: How To: Change Email Settings/Unsubscribe: Notification Settings

Also, please remember to unsubscribe from any marketing emails from Cruise Critic. Here is a clip of what should appear at the bottom of the emails:

image.png.45b916212bcbe1baffa88521f832636c.png

Click on the words Preference Center in the note at the end of any emails from Cruise Critic. That is where you will be able to be removed from the various types of communication. Be sure to click the dark blue Save changes button when done.

Now if you just want to change the user name on your account, please click here: How to: Change your Cruise Critic User Name and follow the directions.

Note you are to send your email from your current Cruise Critic email address of record mentioning your current user name and include a list of possible new user names. With almost two million members, often new user names in your list may already be in use by other members. CC Help Michell will go down your list of five or six names and assign the first available.

BTW, if your current Cruise Critic email address of record is not correct and needs to be updated before you send your email, please click here: How To: Update your Cruise Critic Email Address This is so your membership can be verified, and any reply can be sent to your correct Cruise Critic email address of record. 

Please note once changed your previous posts will have the new user name and you will not have lost your post count. Also any previous quotes of your posts now in other member's posts, such as above, will still appear with the old user name.  

Happy sails,

Host Kat

• 2 weeks later...

FYI to all,

Please remember discussion of the management of this Community is not allowed on any of the boards. Please note the following from the Guidelines we all agreed to follow when registering for our free Cruise Critic membership:

"... Discussion of the management of this community is not allowed on the forums..."

"... However, we would be happy to address any concerns you have via email.   Please write to the Community Manager at:  community@cruisecritic.com..."

"... If you have any questions or comments regarding our posting guidelines or any content found on our message boards please be sure and let me know. I'll be happy to discuss them with you.

LauraS
Senior Manager, Community
community@cruisecritic.com ..."

Please feel free send your email with your questions/comments/feedback to LauraS, Senior Manager, Community at community@cruisecritic.com. Please send the email from your Cruise Critic email address of record and be sure to mention your Cruise Critic user name. If your current Cruise Critic email address of record is not correct and needs to be updated before you send your email, please click the following: How To: Update your Cruise Critic Email Address