Space Beppu

Pearl64

Does anyone know anything about Space Beppu? I looked at their website plus Trip Advisor. Ā It looks like something interesting and different showcasing Japanese crafts. Also, how far is it from the port?Ā 
thanks for all responses.

1 hour ago, Pearl64 said:

Does anyone know anything about Space Beppu? I looked at their website plus Trip Advisor. Ā It looks like something interesting and different showcasing Japanese crafts. Also, how far is it from the port?Ā 
thanks for all responses.

International and local cruise ships usually dock at Sun Flower Beppu Terminal, it's about 4km north of Space Beppu. A bus ride is 20 min.

Sorry my mistake, the cruise terminal should beĀ  "Beppu International Tourism Port" , 600 feet north of Sun Flower Beppu Terminal.

Ā 

Access by train:
10 min walk to Beppudaigaku Station, train runs every 40 min, 4 min to Beppu staion and walk 12 min to Space Beppu

Is Space Beppu worth spending some time? The reviews are quite good on Trip Advisor. It just seemed a good way to spend time with locals and to engage in a participatory activity. We would need to figure out specific timing in order to take advantage of the classes.

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Pearl64 said:

Is Space Beppu worth spending some time? The reviews are quite good on Trip Advisor. It just seemed a good way to spend time with locals and to engage in a participatory activity. We would need to figure out specific timing in order to take advantage of the classes.

Space Beppu is a community space opened since April 2023, seems a new unique attraction, opening hours is 11am - 5pm.. For me, Beppu is known for onsen.šŸ˜œ
Ā 

Edited by monkey@cruise