Alaska on the Bliss--Questions

1 minute ago, BirdTravels said:

NCL usually serves seafood chowder on the pool deck. 

On glacier day, there is hot chocolate, coffee and adult coffees on the bow

IMG_2640.thumb.jpeg.cc49eed5a0ae16719b7bcf3dec0addfe.jpeg

And on the Haven sundeck

IMG_2641.jpeg

IMG_2642.jpeg

This looks absolutely lovely! I'll get to visit Hubbard Glacier twice, so it will be interesting to see the set up on Norwegian Jade. Your pictures remind me that I will need to pack some winter-wear for Glacier Day! 😉

8 hours ago, jcathers1 said:

We are attending Icons on Sunday and Jersey Boys on Wednesday, but I don't recall which other options were available. 

Thanks

We have just returned from Bliss last Sunday. As others already mentioned, NCL is using Pier 66, pretty much in downtown, so very handy. We had an 11 o'clock check-in time, then waited with everyone for the boarding to start, which happened around 11:30. I'm not sure if Haven's guests were allowed to board before that time. 

For things to bring, again as others mentioned, you have to be prepared for all sorts of weather. It seems to be a little colder in Juneau and closer to glaciers, so you will need some layers on you. For us, Icy Strait Point and Ketchikan were very warm and sunny - locals were wearing shorts and t-shirts. I see some people advising you to stay on board in Victoria. Well, if you have been there, stay on board. If you haven't, do go to town, but leave as soon as the ship docks. I absolutely loved Victoria and wish it was the first day of the cruise and lasted a full day, leaving the sea day for the end. 

Overall I loved all ports for different reasons and would do it again for sure.