New Zealand - Australia - 548 Photos!

CAPinBoynton

I have just finished our EasyShare Photo album. It has 548 photos of our Feb., 2006 Diamond Princess Cruise. You can access it by going to our website at www.thepreismans.com and clicking on NZ - Australia yellow button. Scroll down to the end of the review and you will find link to the album.

Enjoy ---

What a great review and web site.

Very interesting and a lot of reading with excellent pictures.

Thank you for posting. Must have taken a lot of hours (probably days) to do such a excellent presentation.

Thank you for sharing.

In your description of the TranzApline trip you stated:

"The train was just a couple minutes bus ride from the ship. It would have been a short walk, but for safety reasons, it wasn’t allowed. "

Do you really think you could have walked from Lyttleton to the Station. We took this train in 04 and my recollection (if that is where you docked) is that you would have had to walk for several hours to get to the station.

We are now looking at the same cruise and wondered about taking the train trip again, which is why this caught my eye.

GR

ps. DW wondered why I have not put our 11,000 photos on the net in this fashion. :)

GR,

The train could easily have been walked to in no more than 5-10 minutes if there had not been fences around the port and there were no safety considerations. Perhaps Princess is using a different dock location at Lyttleton. We were quite surprised and pleased at how close it was. I checked my photos to see if I had a pic with the Diamond in the background from the train station, but I didn't.

In your description of the TranzApline trip you stated:

"The train was just a couple minutes bus ride from the ship. It would have been a short walk, but for safety reasons, it wasn’t allowed. "

Do you really think you could have walked from Lyttleton to the Station. We took this train in 04 and my recollection (if that is where you docked) is that you would have had to walk for several hours to get to the station.

GR,

The Tranzalpine normally leaves from Christchurch.

When the ships are in they probably run a special charter from Lyttleton. That also explains the lack of station facilities.

Regards,

Steve.

GR,

The Tranzalpine normally leaves from Christchurch.

When the ships are in they probably run a special charter from Lyttleton. That also explains the lack of station facilities.

Regards,

Steve.

Steve, that must be the answer because we've driven from Lyttleton to the station when out for a drive (our hotel wasn't too far from the station) and it sure is not even close to being within distance.

We are currently assessing this HAL cruise and may take the TranzA again as we enjoyed the trip.

Don (GR)

• 5 weeks later...

Loved the pictures and the review, we're going on the Shappire in Feb., 2007. Thanks for your hard work, you'll make our cruise much more enjoyable! This will be our first Princess cruise, and now we can really look forward to a great time.

Barb

• 2 months later...

Enjoyed your review and pics! We're booked on the Sapphire Princess Jan 11, 2007, Sydney to Auckland -- doing research! We are thinking a week (or so) in each place (pre and post cruise). You've helped on the planning! Thanks for sharing.

We are booked for on the Sapphire Sydney to Los Angeles cruise in April 2008 and previously cruised the Sapphire Los Angeles to Sydney in November 2004. We loved the review and pictures of the ports we have yet to vist...Melbourne, Hobart, Dunedin and the Fjords. On the 2004 cruise we visited Auckland and Taurango and disembarked in

Sydney but went directly from the ship to the airport. This time we plan to spend a few days before the the cruise in Sydney...really enjoyed your narrative on the city...it will be helpful to us. I have taken notes and will bookmark your post so I can refresh my memory as the time to cruise gets closer...Thanks, Sissy

• 1 month later...

CAP I read your review before our trip in April and again today - I appreciate all your detailed journaling - I am a scrapbooker - so my album is different from yours - my website is

http://elizabeth-lewis.magix.net/

my travel albums are almost all there.

Our trip across the Tasman sea was everything your have heard about!

Hi Liz,

Sorry for the delay in answering you, but I guess CC didn't send me an email notification that I had a response. Anyway, I visited your scrapbook and it certainly brought back memories.

I noticed that you had lunch in Warkworth. That's the town where we stayed overnight with friends we had met on the Tahitian Princess cruise! Small world.:)

We are booked for on the Sapphire Sydney to Los Angeles cruise in April 2008 and previously cruised the Sapphire Los Angeles to Sydney in November 2004. We loved the review and pictures of the ports we have yet to vist...Melbourne, Hobart, Dunedin and the Fjords. On the 2004 cruise we visited Auckland and Taurango and disembarked in

Sydney but went directly from the ship to the airport. This time we plan to spend a few days before the the cruise in Sydney...really enjoyed your narrative on the city...it will be helpful to us. I have taken notes and will bookmark your post so I can refresh my memory as the time to cruise gets closer...Thanks, Sissy

Hi Sissy, if you need any more up to date info when you get closer to the cruise let me know, Mikes review by that time will be getting quite old [though still relevant] pleased to help, Regards Ian [Tauranga]

Mike and Carol:

I just spent a couple of hours reading your review and looking at your pictures of New Zealand and Australia. Both are absolutely wonderful.

We are booked on the Mercury for December, 2007. My in-laws will be travelling from Ensenada to Sydney. My husband, daughter and myself will join them in Auckland. We will arrive in my hometown of Sydney on December 23rd -- just in time to join my family for Christmas. (I am originally from Sydney and I do miss it so!)

Thank you so much for sharing. What a wonderful gift you have given to your fellow CC'ers.

Gail

• 4 weeks later...

Mike and Carol, Thanks so much for the wonderful review and beautiful pictures. We are on the Sapphire Princess March 12 Auckland to Sydney with a 3 night stay in Sydney at the Four Seasons. Your reviews have helped us plan so much better than we could have hoped. Thanks so much for all the work you put into this. We will benefit greatly!!!

Archived