Getaway dry dock

21 hours ago, Matahari47 said:

- as a disabled passenger there was no provision for adapted cabin despite us requesting one

I agree with @PelicanBill on this point - if you want a HA cabin you need to book one.  Don't hope to get moved to one once you board, it doesn't work that way.  This goes way beyond 'requesting' one - you need to specify a HA cabin and ensure that the cabin number on your confirmation matches a HA cabin on the deck plans online, PRIOR to the cruise (within minutes of getting the confirmation, preferably).

4 hours ago, hallux said:

I agree with @PelicanBill on this point - if you want a HA cabin you need to book one.  Don't hope to get moved to one once you board, it doesn't work that way.  This goes way beyond 'requesting' one - you need to specify a HA cabin and ensure that the cabin number on your confirmation matches a HA cabin on the deck plans online, PRIOR to the cruise (within minutes of getting the confirmation, preferably).

Actually we did request a disability compliant cabin when we booked. Obviously my request wasn’t understood or communicated.  It was the blatant lies of the man guest services which really annoyed us. He made no attempt to help us and didn’t even log our issue and just lied to our faces. Our cabin steward was very helpful and arranged the bedroom to make it as accessible as possible. We tipped him well for all his care and hard work. 
We travel with a medium suitcase each. There was absolutely no storage except for the wardrobe. Nothing. It really was extremely poor provision. Even a solo traveller would probably have been hard pressed to find places for their clothes.
Finally, I have NEVER known such chaos disembarking and we’ve done plenty of cruises, both European and USA, with plenty of cruise lines. You mention NYC. In our experience, disembarking in NYC has always been extremely smooth and efficient and we were off in a matter of minutes. So I do take exception to your comment. 

I don’t think anything I have mentioned is insurmountable - when you pay hard earned money for a cruise, I expect value for money and a decent standard of service. I believe that we were let down on all points. Had you been in my shoes I am sure you would be equally disappointed. 

I think we are done with NCL. There appears to be a downgrade in quality and service. Not at front line level, but probably cost cutting higher up the food chain. So it’s goodbye from us. 

17 hours ago, Matahari47 said:

Actually we did request a disability compliant cabin when we booked. Obviously my request wasn’t understood or communicated

You asked for one, but did you then confirm that what you were given was what you asked for?  Accountability goes both ways, it's easy enough to look up the deck plans of a ship and see if the cabin you were assigned is actually an HA cabin, you can then call back and ask to have your reservation amended if you were not given the cabin type you requested.  The calls should be recorded, they could pull the tapes to find out that you made the request known.