LHR to Brockenhurst

We would like to take the train as above on the first Friday in September.  Google maps suggests RA2RailAir with one change to South Western Railway.  This departure appears to be every hour on the 18.  Our BA flight from USA arrives at Terminal 5 at 0930.   We are US citizens with hand luggage only.  Do you think it is likely that we could make the 1018 train? I am not sure whether to book a train in advance for the discount, or to wait to see what time we actually land and pass through C&I.

51 minutes ago, epixx said:

Our BA flight from USA arrives at Terminal 5 at 0930.   We are US citizens with hand luggage only.  Do you think it is likely that we could make the 1018 train?

I doubt it. In pre-Covid times, you might have had a decent chance, but even then I wouldn't have booked it.

You also need to be aware that the RailAir link is not a train. It's a bus that takes you to Woking (or possibly Guildford) to change there for a train. A quick look suggests that the bus runs twice an hour, but it may be that there is only one train an hour from Woking.

48 minutes from plane to bus is tight. US flights normally arrive at one of the T5 satellites B or C, which means waiting for and riding a transit to the main terminal.

Immigration is usually pretty fast if you use the e-gates (as most US citizens can) but there can be lines if you time it wrong.

So while it’s doable if all the stars align, personally I’d aim for the bus half an hour later which then gives you more time to change between bus and train at Woking.