Drinks Prices 2024 Pacific Explorer

Heading off on Sunday, Pacific Explorer Fremantle to Cairns. Party of 8 with different drinking habits so drinks packages not suitable. Does anyone have a current drinks price list? Can't find one anywhere. Cheers!

As far as I am aware, as from May 3 the drinks prices are going up (at least the drinks package prices are) on P&O, so I don't think anyone will have an up to the minute price list yet.

However, judging by what is listed on the new drinks packages and the 'up to' limit of the basic alcohol package (which is fairly indicative of average prices of cocktails etc, though some cocktails for instance are several dollars dearer than the majority in our experience) the following will give you at least an indication:

P&O Drinks Package

This package includes selected 425ml draft, bottled and canned beer and cider, wine by the glass up to the value of $13, spirits up to the value of $14, and cocktails up to the value of $17.

So, on our last cruise (on Encounter, but the prices are the same across the three ships to my knowledge) a year ago with P&O, the price of most cocktails was $16 (which was the 'up to' limit on the basic alcohol package. Dearer ones were around $18). So I guess, the 'up to' limit on the new package is an indicator of what you will be up for.

Just for reference, below are the prices for the new 'plus' drinks package:

P&O Plus Drinks Package

This package includes our full range of 425ml draft, bottled and canned beer and cider, wine and Champagne by the glass up to the value of $19, spirits up to the value of $18 and cocktails up to the value of $20.

Sorry I can't be more specific, but hope this helps.

Posted (edited)

Hi, just found this from someone currently on Pacific Explorer, so I believe these will be the new prices.  It's a beer price list in the Main Dining Room which I thought you may find of interest.

image.png.af83d25e24272910f0c1e917d0953cdf.png

Edited by ceeceeDee
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, ceeceeDee said:

Hi, just found this from someone currently on Pacific Explorer, so I believe these will be the new prices.  It's a beer price list in the Main Dining Room which I thought you may find of interest.

image.png.af83d25e24272910f0c1e917d0953cdf.png

Thank you so much! One of our group only drinks 🍺 

Here is a portion of the cocktail menu. The prices look about the same as 12 months ago, so maybe the new prices haven't kicked in on the current cruise. However, if you allow maybe an extra $2 per drink you shouldn't be too far off the mark. At least you will have some idea.

image.thumb.png.6b435fd7195378945ba00a1911d92ecf.png

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ceeceeDee said:

Here is a portion of the cocktail menu. The prices look about the same as 12 months ago, so maybe the new prices haven't kicked in on the current cruise. However, if you allow maybe an extra $2 per drink you shouldn't be too far off the mark. At least you will have some idea.

image.thumb.png.6b435fd7195378945ba00a1911d92ecf.png

Thank you so much!!

Thank you. Most people on the CC forum try to be as helpful as possible. We all love cruising and sharing information is what it's all about. Having some idea of what you need to budget for drinks, etc. saves getting any nasty surprises. 🙂

Please post your thoughts on your cruise when you return. It's always interesting to get people's opinions.

In the meantime Bon Voyage!

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, ceeceeDee said:

Thank you. Most people on the CC forum try to be as helpful as possible. We all love cruising and sharing information is what it's all about. Having some idea of what you need to budget for drinks, etc. saves getting any nasty surprises. 🙂

Please post your thoughts on your cruise when you return. It's always interesting to get people's opinions.

In the meantime Bon Voyage!

Thank you so much. I certainly will give an update ⛴️

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...