Are Celebrity’s Exciting Deals promotions getting a lot less exciting?

Stockjock

10 hours ago, Happy Cruiser 6143 said:

Interesting.  My understanding was that one could only do the match once.  Have they changed that?  Maybe I'll have Frank look into it for me.  I did always love the entertainment in the lounge and that lounge definitely has the Retreat Lounge beat.  And I do love their private island.  I must admit those chocolate ships were a bit over the top.  Beth brought me a bottle of prosecco from her last cruise with them.  Just wish they had more interesting itineraries.  Maybe one day I'll get over my hate for the Miami freeways.  😃

You could always Uber over! Yes, the itineraries are old, but we don't get off the ship until the Marine Sanctuary. Do you have status with another line that you could use?

On 5/4/2024 at 8:29 PM, Keys Kathy said:

Me too! Are they just ignoring the past guests? After all, we know what they are doing with pricing and the fact that X is just not that attractive anymore. 

You'll find us in MSC Yacht Club, but that is going up, too. At least they offer something for the higher price.

From this post on FB , it sound like Yacht Club or stay home 

“Well we have just left the ship and I’m sorry to say of the worse cruises we have ever done. Our cabin was so old and dated. The furniture. was all scratched and damaged. The sofa covered in stains. We could write our name in the dust on the mirror. Spoke with the room
Steward but he just laughed. 

The food is appalling
The buffet is like a war zone people fighting to get to the food and will go out of their way to push you  
Tables are just left with piles of dirty dishes everywhere it’s beyond disgusting. Dinner in the main dining room dreadful too. You sit at the table and nobody comes near you and u get to a point you have to ask for someone they just don’t seem to have basic service standards and food appalling 

We had the full drinks package and were told no to drinks we wanted even before they looked at our card to see our package

The staff really don’t give a ……. About there passengers. Never heard from the captain once and was there even a cruise director  on board as she was never seen or heard ……

All I can say is never again would I give MSC my hard earned money. 

I’m staying loyal to royal carribean / celebrity  now as they give you 5 star service.”

• Thanks 1

On 5/4/2024 at 7:21 AM, RickT said:

Exciting deals pricing has always been hit or miss.  Just looked up the current listings and found a few deals but also found a few that seemed to be full retail. 
As always the biggest issue is many of the exciting deals depart within the next 30-45 days making flights usually more expensive. 

I agree that it's a bit hit or miss.

Recently, there were some early/initial sailings to Alaska out of Vancouver that I thought could be fairly described as "exciting deals" 🙂 that I would have jumped on particularly since last minute flights wouldn't have been an issue for us Vancouverites.  Unfortunately the sailings didn't align with the missus' work/project schedule. Yet I would have went solo but the single supplement pricing multipliers didn't make any sense as other threads have discussed. 😄