Another one...

1 hour ago, luckybecky said:

On another note: youtube channel Let's Go Travel Tips is reporting that the couple that missed the ship in Spain is the SAME elderly couple that missed an NCL ship a month or so ago in Africa (along with several others). I'm not sure where she got her information. Has anyone else heard this? Or can confirm?

I'm sceptical. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Asawi said:

I'm sceptical. 

2 hours ago, DingoMom said:

I am skeptical, too. The couple on the Spain trip said they had never been late getting back to a ship before.

What?! If it is on Youtube, it must be true! 😉

I agree, that's why I wondered if anyone here had heard the story. 

• Like 1

On 5/1/2024 at 12:30 PM, Sinbadssailors said:

Really tired of these "stranded passengers" stories. 

Maybe the news can start running a story for each passenger that misses an airline flight or a train too.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

When someone doesn’t scan back on board, they make an announcement over the PA on the ship:  passenger Doe, John and Doe Jane please contact guest services.  So this couple’s family heard that and didn’t put down their margaritas to go help?  Even if the ship wouldn’t let them disembark they could have helped pack a go bag and call the couple on shore to explain the next steps.  

And those of you who want me to empathize or sympathize with the couple would find me being a lot more charitable if the people left behind took accountability.  Example I would have sympathy for someone who posted “we got back late to the port and missed the ship. We tried to contacting the port representative at the number provided and couldn’t get an answer.  We ended up having to catch a cab to go into town on our own to find someone who could help us make travel arrangements to the next port.”   <— Not being able to get a hold of the correct party is an issue.  Ship leaving:  not an issue.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

On 5/3/2024 at 9:10 PM, FitchburgWIFamily said:

When someone doesn’t scan back on board, they make an announcement over the PA on the ship:  passenger Doe, John and Doe Jane please contact guest services.  So this couple’s family heard that and didn’t put down their margaritas to go help?  Even if the ship wouldn’t let them disembark they could have helped pack a go bag and call the couple on shore to explain the next steps.  

Perhaps they were happy not to have the couple back onboard and didn't rush to assist as the cruise was about to become much more pleasant for them? 🙂 

On 5/3/2024 at 9:10 PM, FitchburgWIFamily said:

Example I would have sympathy for someone who posted “we got back late to the port and missed the ship. We tried to contacting the port representative at the number provided and couldn’t get an answer.  We ended up having to catch a cab to go into town on our own to find someone who could help us make travel arrangements to the next port.”

Agreed! I'd be empathetic toward the couple as I've been left behind too (my parents often lament they found me when I got lost at the NYS Fair many moons ago)! I definitely know how it feels to be "left" behind.

18 minutes ago, cruiseny4life said:

I've been left behind too (my parents often lament they found me when I got lost at the NYS Fair many moons ago)

LOL, I was 'misplaced' one time on Mackinac Island when I was a very young lad, apparently a group of college-age ladies made sure I was reunited with my family...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1