Shorts in the MDR -

Posted (edited)

You'll be fine with shorts. They even let me in with my athletic shorts (think soccer-type). Just so long as they're not short shorts, per NCL. And mine are definitely not short. I just stay away from whatever restaurant does not allow shorts/t-shirts. It's easy to do! 

From our November Pr1ma cruise at Hudson's (same placard was at all restaurants):

image.thumb.jpeg.ef034d1116bf029f233cab5ad8162c01.jpeg

And yes, I know I'm a slob. It's vacation, yo! 

Edited by cruiseny4life
  • Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, cruiseny4life said:

You'll be fine with shorts. They even let me in with my athletic shorts (think soccer-type). Just so long as they're not short shorts, per NCL. And mine are definitely not short. I just stay away from whatever restaurant does not allow shorts/t-shirts. It's easy to do! 

From our November Pr1ma cruise at Hudson's (same placard was at all restaurants):

image.thumb.jpeg.ef034d1116bf029f233cab5ad8162c01.jpeg

And yes, I know I'm a slob. It's vacation, yo! 

Very helpful! Thank you! 👍😁

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

The Jade has two Main Dining Rooms...Alizar and Grand Pacific. We only ate in Alizar once in 14 nights...just didn't "do it" for us. We thought it had a "different" vibe...not horrible, just different. Not as elegant (or as "Grand") as Grand Pacific. On the bright side, you can wear shorts in there.

Grand Pacific we ate in three or four times and I believe I needed to wear long pants (in my case, jeans). But don't quote me on that (although, this is CC, so someone will probably end up quoting me 😁)...

Oh, one more thing. Baseball caps are not allowed in Jasmine, the Asian restaurant where we ate at least four times.

Edited by schmoopie17
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

26 minutes ago, schmoopie17 said:

The Jade has two Main Dining Rooms...Alizar and Grand Pacific. We only ate in Alizar once in 14 nights...just didn't "do it" for us. We thought it had a "different" vibe...not horrible, just different. Not as elegant (or as "Grand") as Grand Pacific. On the bright side, you can wear shorts in there.

Grand Pacific we ate in three or four times and I believe I needed to wear long pants (in my case, jeans). But don't quote me on that (although, this is CC, so someone will probably end up quoting me 😁)...

Oh, one more thing. Baseball caps are not allowed in Jasmine, the Asian restaurant where we ate at least four times.

Even in pictures the visual appeal of Alizar falls well short of the Grand Pacific. If I have to wear long pants in the latter for dinner, I'll make that 'sacrifice'. However, in the beginning I'll split 'visitation rights' between the two just to get first-hand experiences. 

And I've always hated wearing hats of any kind, ball caps especially. Must have gotten that from my Navy days. 😉

• Like 1