RCCL Galveston Port Parking

On 6/20/2024 at 11:53 AM, Inconspicuous said:

Discount Cruise Parking is $92, with uncovered parking as the only option.

EZ Parking is $160, with uncovered parking as the only option.

Port of Galveston Parking Garage is uncovered, $178 or $200 depending on which lot you pick.

Lighthouse is $120 for uncovered and $145 for covered (which is just a canopy over the cars, not enclosed like Port Parking is).

Patriot Cruise Parking is $152 for covered, $111 for uncovered, but their Google reviews were just awful about 5-8 months ago when I first started looking.  Seems like they've improved, but $16 more for a place I had a good experience with previously and has a hookup for our EV is worth it.    

Still unbelievable rates - and if the local government in Galveston had something to do with it, then they should unwind whatever they did.  However, from reading around, it sounds like these companies saw what RC was charging for their parking when their new terminal opened up, and saw that customers willingly paid it, and thus increased their rates as well to follow suit.  

There used to be several hotels right off the bridge into Galveston that had reasonable rates, free party and a cruise shuttle for $20 a person. We used it many times. Those hotels have gone to the dogs, and while they still offer free parking, there is no shuttle available. We are staying the night in Texas City and parking at Discount Cruise. Seemed the better option.

Posted (edited)
31 minutes ago, jackiel3290 said:

There used to be several hotels right off the bridge into Galveston that had reasonable rates, free party and a cruise shuttle for $20 a person. We used it many times. Those hotels have gone to the dogs, and while they still offer free parking, there is no shuttle available. We are staying the night in Texas City and parking at Discount Cruise. Seemed the better option.

That is a pretty broad subjective statement about all those  hotels have gone to the dogs . I guess you have stayed in them all ? Nothing wrong with Texas City , if you only want to crash.  The Island is a major tourist destination  to start your vacation early . Are there shuttles from Texas City ? 

Edited by ssb

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/23/2024 at 3:30 PM, jennellen said:

And my TA has used the indoor parking garage at the port (orange on the map) and she recommends it.  Said the shuttles were super quick and convenient, and if you want to walk it's not terribly far.  You could always drop your bags first, then go park and walk up if you don't want to wait for shuttles. 

It’s quite a walk, especially in this heat. I’d recommend waiting for a shuttle. They’re pretty steady going that way. 

• Like 1

Sticker shock for sure but went ahead with the Port of Galveston SMP Garage which is just a short walk to Pier 25.  Just got a new 2024 car and didn't want it sitting outside for 30 days.  Can't complain anymore about the parking rate for the Ft Lauderdale garage across from Pier 2.